Re: crossflow turbine diameter and rpm

  • ESSAM ALI
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 3, 2013
      thx alot nando for ur help. i want to plz have a look at this :

      http://www.bew-power.at/bewhp/index.php/en/lamella-turbine-en#application

      http://www.google.com/search?q=The+Lamella+Turbine&hl=en&tbo=u&biw=1311&bih=623&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=VkzlUOKgNoGG4ATEpYC4DA&ved=0CEAQsAQ

      now my question is that can it produce higher power ? upto 300-500 KW ? what shuold be the size for that ?

      can u plz calculate the power at my site ?

      H = 5.5 m .

      Q = 11 m^3/sec .

      area under the sluice gate is : 5 feet height and 8 feet wide. i hve also attached fotos of site plz check:

      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 3, 2013
        ESSAM:

        The Lamella turbine is a new version of the undershot turbine where there is two blades ( one almost above the first one to harvest additional power).

        To calculate the available power a lot of information is required , also information to the special shape this turbine will have to harvest the maximum power.

        The Dual blade principle and energy capture of the wheel I can not determine since it is going to be specific to the site where the water source is.

        Assuming a 1.5 meter diameter wheel then the head would be 5.5 -1.5/2 = 4.75 meter

        Estimated GROSS power =  4.75 m * 11 m^3 * 9,81 = 512.57 kw  but since I do not know the efficiency of the overall turbine my guess would be around 70 %  = 359 KW    A VERY ROUGH WILD ESTIMATED.

        It  would better to talk to the LAMELLA Manufacturers for them to determine  what power can be harvested since they are the brains that set up the turbine form and capture efficiency.

        Good Luck and let us know how the project develops .

        thx alot nando for ur help. i want to plz have a look at this :

        http://www.bew-power.at/bewhp/index.php/en/lamella-turbine-en#application

        http://www.google.com/search?q=The+Lamella+Turbine&hl=en&tbo=u&biw=1311&bih=623&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=VkzlUOKgNoGG4ATEpYC4DA&ved=0CEAQsAQ

        now my question is that can it produce higher power ? upto 300-500 KW ? what shuold be the size for that ?

        can u plz calculate the power at my site ?

        H = 5.5 m .

        Q = 11 m^3/sec .

        area under the sluice gate is : 5 feet height and 8 feet wide. i hve also attached fotos of site plz check:

        --- In microhydro@yahoogroups.com, "Nando" wrote:

        > ESSAM:
        >
        > Microhydro NOW allows attachments to be included with the message and small Thumb shows the attachment for downloading.
        >
        > Advice : Do tell the members that an attachment is included.
        >
        > One major problem is that everyone is not aware of how the dam or the sluice gates is built to see how a turbine can be built and make use of the available energy.
        >
        > I have attached 2 pdfs for you to peruse for possible use
        >
        > Nando

      • essam ali arif

        Message 4 of 22 , Jan 3, 2013
          data from bew power website:

          PROJECT IN ROMANIA: under construction:
          Head: 2,2 m Water Flow: 20 m3/s Hydraulic / electric Power: 432/300 kW Turbine dimension: 2 turbine wheels, Ø 2,3 m, width 5 m, coupled to drive one generator Speed: approx. 30 min-1

          In my case,
          H = 5.5 m
          Q = 11 m3/s
                              ==> As, head increases and flow decreases, this would result in a turbine of reduced size and greater rpm .

          thx alot nando for ur help. i want to plz have a look at this :

          http://www.bew-power.at/bewhp/index.php/en/lamella-turbine-en#application

          http://www.google.com/search?q=The+Lamella+Turbine&hl=en&tbo=u&biw=1311&bih=623&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=VkzlUOKgNoGG4ATEpYC4DA&ved=0CEAQsAQ

          now my question is that can it produce higher power ? upto 300-500 KW ? what shuold be the size for that ?

          can u plz calculate the power at my site ?

          H = 5.5 m .

          Q = 11 m^3/sec .

          area under the sluice gate is : 5 feet height and 8 feet wide. i hve also attached fotos of site plz check:

          --- In mailto:microhydro%40yahoogroups.com, "Nando" wrote:

          > ESSAM:
          >
          > Microhydro NOW allows attachments to be included with the message and small Thumb shows the attachment for downloading.
          >
          > Advice : Do tell the members that an attachment is included.
          >
          > One major problem is that everyone is not aware of how the dam or the sluice gates is built to see how a turbine can be built and make use of the available energy.
          >
          > I have attached 2 pdfs for you to peruse for possible use
          >
          > Nando

        • Nirmal Raj Joshi

            --
            Nirmal Raj Joshi
            www.nirmaljoshi.com.np
            Message 6 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
              the photos are not available plz check it on their website below:

              http://www.bew-power.at/bewhp/index.php/en/plannedprojects

              but also see this current project of theirs, u can have an idea then:

              http://www.bew-power.at/gallery/index.php/Feldkichen