Re: [microhydro] Simple, or easy IGC

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
      j.Henrique:

      To assist you better please detail your hydro : Head, water volume ( seasonal volume changes ), penstock length and diameter, type of turbine use and good description of the Induction motor as generator and most important  the parameters of the motor and the parameters used to calculate the capacitance  C-2C ..

      Distance from turbine to the loads if possible

      Where are You located

      Important is what type of hydro control you need ( ELC= Electronic Level Control ) , either frequency for indirect voltage control or direct voltage control.

      Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 19:36
      Subject: [microhydro] Simple, or easy IGC

      Hello for All,

      My name is henrique, I`m trying to contruct a micro hydro induction generator, to generate power for 3 houses in my poor comunity.

      But i`m trying to find some simple project for an igc, without the control temperature, or other things, just to control the tension for the village.

      The generator is 2.2kw three phase, converted to one phase bt c-2c.

      Anyone have some simple ideia to make the tension always near to 220v?

      Thanks

    • j.henrique938
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
        Hello Manfred,

        I`ve read the work and documentation of JAN, but has a lot of things and control, the we doesn`t have money and knowledge to do, it`s because that, that i`m asking for a simple way, or a simple method to do a tension control, we will have a dor with an actuator, that was donated for us, to control the water flow.

        So, can be a igc, that read the voltage, and open more or less the flow to the engine.

        know something like that?

        Thanks

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2012
          Henrique:

          You insisted asking for assistance BUT you do not inform in detail to be able to assist you  .

          You need to inform for the members to give you the proper assistance  so PLEASE  indicate what you have , the length of the penstock, the  head and the water volume, then the type of turbine you have or plan to have .

          This way we can suggest different ways to solve the problem. do as well tell us the place where the turbine is located to be able to adapt the possible items available there to the hydro system you may have in mind -- still we do not know what you have and therefore no way to give suggestions to control the volume or the voltage output.

          Where is the  turbine and generator located in reference to the loads

          inform to be able to assist  you .

          Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 12:31
          Subject: [microhydro] Re: Simple, or easy IGC