Re: [microhydro] Re: Bafila update

    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 11, 2012
      CISSE:

      What is important is that the sending is not cut off due to the length of the message, it may take time but will arrive.

      And I mean : Dropbox

      From: "Nando" <nando37@...>
      Sender: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:30:20
      To: <microhydro@yahoogroups.com>

      Cisse:

      there is a place called DROPBOX that is free to be able to send photos and videos Not possible with other email systems.

      Look into DROPBOX and instruct your brother how to subscribe then you will able to receive the information without the need of USB memories and regular mail service that becomes expensive.

      From: "Nando" <nando37@...>
      Sender: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:04:15
      To: <microhydro@yahoogroups.com>

      Cisse :

      The structure already has cross coupling, they are white, but it seems that are poorly installed.
      The cross-coupling should be done on each face of the structure;

      You have four vertical faces therefore 4 sets of cross-couplers duly well welded to the bases of the structure and to the top four corners of the structure.

      I would add another set of couples in the internal part of the structure from the top corner to the lower base opposite 180 degrees -- this way the structure will support lateral pressures as well as pressures due to rotating energy if such is the storm behavior..

      To calculate the strength it is necessary to know what was used including the type of metal used and the thickness of the pipes to build the structure plus the weight of the two tanks that seem to be plastic and their water volume weight..

      How is the water pumped to the tanks ?.

      From: "Nando" <nando37@...>
      Sender: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:45:54
      To: <microhydro@yahoogroups.com>

      Wrapping often is done for visual better looking .

      Wrapping may offer additional surface in high winds to " assist" in the
      destroying of the set up.

      Cross coupling with cables assist the structure to support additional
      lateral pressures .

      Wrapping to give a sense of reliability and strength is just for the mind
      of some but in reality will do the opposite.

      From: Eugene Moe <moeszu@...>
      Sender: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 05:21:34
      To: microhydro@yahoogroups.com<microhydro@yahoogroups.com>

      Don't get me wrong, a steel structure can be more than adequate and a
      concrete structure will be much more difficult to build if you need it
      elevated above the ground like the current installation. Just that possibly
      larger steel components/members and stronger cross-bracing are required to
      withstand expected forces.

      Gene

      ________________________________
      From: Eugene Moe <moeszu@...>
      Sender: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 11:28:40
      To: microhydro@yahoogroups.com<microhydro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [microhydro] Re: Bafila update

      It seems that wind would be the biggest hazard. It can create a large
      lateral force against the tanks that could push to the side. It would be
      good to have structural calculations regarding the structure. The water
      weight in the tanks will be quite large for the platform. I would be
      concerned unless there is little wind during storms. The base offers little
      resistance against water and should result in little side force from water
      at the base.

      Gene

      ------------------------------------

      Does your company feature in the microhydro business directory at
      http://microhydropower.net/directory ? If not, please register free of
      charge and be exposed to the microhydro community world wide!

      NOTE: The advertisements in this email are added by Yahoogroups who provides
      us with free email group services. The microhydro-group does not endorse
      products or support the advertisements in any way.

      More information on micro hydropower at http://microhydropower.net/

      To unsubscribe: send empty message to
      microhydro-unsubscribe@...! Groups Links

      Message 48 of 48 , Jun 11, 2012