Re: [microhydro] Invitation to contribute to an african village micro hydro project.

  • mohcis@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 42 , Dec 31, 2011
      I am working on the land profile. Ideally, I would like to bring electricity to the whole village. My father's house is on the map. I have put a label on it (Cisse family). It is a little away from the village down town. Let me know if you can see it.
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Lane Weimer <lawbigisland@...>
      Sender: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 12:33:54
      To: microhydro@yahoogroups.com<microhydro@yahoogroups.com>

      yes i live in idaho 2hr. from lewiston idaho and i do have pic.

      ________________________________
      From: Lane Weimer <lawbigisland@...>
      Sender: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:05:31
      To: microhydro@yahoogroups.com<microhydro@yahoogroups.com>

      I have a small hydro and live on 120 acres 50 miles north of orofino.18 miles to any one.we have 200 feet fall 40to 80. gpm it runs our hole house 3000sf. 3 chest freezers 1 fridge. internet.been at this off grid living for 28 years. if i can help let me know. Lane Weimer

      Message 42 of 42 , Feb 21, 2012
        Good to know, thank you Leon.
        I checked and found many options for water filtering systems.

        I think the bulk of the water system can be done locally. The system can be improved progressively. If we can reduce the risk of water born diseases even by 5% and increase water access(basic system as Nando said), to me that is a plus. We have to start somewhere!

        I spent 3hrs on the phone yesterday trying to get a date out of them for the second round. I am told to wait until friday, we will see.

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T