Re: [microhydro] Need for an engineer to manage a small (3kw) microhydro project in Chile

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 6:39 AM
      May we know your name ?

      If you have the experience to manage a small microhydro system you have already more than 85 % of the needed knowledge to manage the solar and wind sections.

      The Solar panels require the solar placement to attain the highest harvest from the panels year long -- which means to know how to follow the Sun daily and seasonally .

      Wind requires learning about the wind regime in your area and the placement of the turbine including the necessary tower height to harvest the desired energy level seasonally.

      In addition learning how batteries behave under charging and discharging to see how to prolong the battery life to a maximum ( normally the lowest daily discharge gives the longer battery life) -- specifically, if the system is not allow the loads to discharge the battery 30 % of its overall watt-hour storage level the life of the battery is extended to almost the life of a battery under Float Charging Voltage conditions.

      I have sent your information to two people there but You have failed to indicate where the system is located , exactly, to see what type of interest is in doing such job,

      You have not indicated if it is just the initial service or does it include long term maintenance with periodic inspections, improvements and repairs.

      1 KW hydro with a good battery bank can supply all the energy needs including to almost ( possibly) the winter season if the system is carefully designed.