RE: [microhydro] Pipe Stores in Asia

  • Kenneth Naing
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 31 11:08 PM
      Hi Emile Lando,

      What type of pipes, and how many pipes (volume, sizes) are you looking for? If you are looking for PVC pipes (blue),
      there are many stores in Bangkok city, Thailand or in suburb that can sell you all types of PVC pipe you need. I don't think
      you can buy it on-line since there are bulky and usually send to the work site directly by the contractors or workers. They are
      also not expensive.

      I am currently working on micro hydro power generation plant installation in North Eastern Thailand. I would be happy to provide
      you the name, and contact info of the shops if you like.

      I am also a steel pipe (hollow pipes - hot roll steel, cold roll steel) manufacturer in Thailand. We produce steel pipes (round, square,
      rectangles - various sizes from 25mm - 250mm, standard length 6M, thickness 0.5 mm - 5 mm. We normally sell only in bulk
      at minimum 10 metric tons (one truck load) or more. If you want less than a truck load, you have to pickup at the factory.
      I will be happy to provide you the quotation if you can provide the details: type of pipe (hot roll/cold roll - round,square, rectangle),
      type of finish (oil coating, paint, galvanized, ..), size - 25mm - 250mm, length - Standard 6M or custom.

      Regards,

      Kenneth Naing
      Bangkok, Thailand
      website: www.thaikoon.co.th
      To: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      From: landoemile@...
      Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:00:36 +0100
      Subject: [microhydro] Pipe Stores in Asia

      Hi all,

      I would like to know whether you can recommand some stores in Asia where I can

      purchase pipes for MHP projects.

      I am presently in Cameroon (Central Africa) working with a NGO.

      I am looking forward to hear from you

      Regards,

      ________________________________

      Emile Lando,

      Bafoussam, Cameroon

      ________________________________

      De : Nando <nando37@...>

      � : microhydro@yahoogroups.com

      Envoy� le : Mar 29 mars 2011, 14h 03min 53s

      Objet : Re: [microhydro] New Member

      Amanda:

      Message writing

      If responding to a message - respond with the SUBJECT : OF the Thread You

      are responding to.

      If sending a new message with NO relation to the Subject of an OLD Thread

      already existing, do not use the OLD thread Subject -- make a NEW THREAD .

      1) Name

      2) Where the member is located

      3) Member experience level with hydro principles (newbie, basic, some ,

      heavy etc )

      4) Project in mind (name of the site)

      5) Head (accurately measured )

      6) Water volume ( accurate measured seasonally) Ideally :lowest and highest

      season values and the year volume profile .

      7) Pipe ( Penstock) length

      8) Type of turbine if has been defined and why

      9) Generator type , power, voltage and frequency if Vac

      10) Expected power

      11) Site problems if any

      Your question is best answered if You help yourself by telling all of us what

      you are planning to do - instead of asking some questions that indicate that

      your knowledge in the hydro and electric principles may be limited and may give

      you problems later during your project development .

      The use of induction motors as generators is now a common use and how to use

      them, in a practical way, depends on what you may use them to produce electrical

      power.

      The question about transformers and motor starting indicates , heavily, that You

      need to describe, in detail , what you plan to do, do not be afraid, nobody in

      this group bites and we prefer to have the details for you to have the best

      hydro electric source.

      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 1, 2011
        hello amanda, I happen to have a copy of the book in pdf format... if you
        want i can send it to you... also anyone else that needs the book, just mail
        me. It's free!!!

        Nigel Smith's book on "Induction motors as Generators"

        bokche

        Motors as Generators - N. Smith, ITDG UK 1994.pdf
        7,10MB

      • Emile Lando
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 6, 2011
          Hi Kenneth Naing,

          thank you so much for the answer. We need about 500 PVC pipes,diameter 150 mm
          (250 pipes) and 250mm (250 pipes), length 6M for our projects. I would be very
          happy, if you can provide me the contacts (including Email if possible) of some
          shops.

          Nevertheless could you provides me the prices of your products (hollow types)?

          Best regards,
          ________________________________
          Emile Lando,
          Bafoussam, Cameroon

          ________________________________

          I am a new member and looking for some information on induction motors being

          used as generators......

          What type of induction motor works best 460? 240?

          How do you figure how much power each size motor will produce?

          How do you size the motor for feeding a 200 amp panel?

          If a step-down transformer is used do you need an electronic load controller to

          handle power surges from starting motors?

          Any information will be appreciated. Or any recommended sources to get the

          information.

          Thank you

          Amanda Diskey

          Does your company feature in the microhydro business directory at
          http://microhydropower.net/directory ? If not, please register free of charge
          and be exposed to the microhydro community world wide!

          NOTE: The advertisements in this email are added by Yahoogroups who provides us
          with free email group services. The microhydro-group does not endorse products
          or support the advertisements in any way.

          To unsubscribe: send empty message to
          microhydro-unsubscribe@...! Groups Links