Request for comments/committment for innovative Solar 'Wind Hydro Charge Controller

  • ferrand
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      Inpt by Ferrand from another Yahoo Group

      Request for comments/committment for innovative Solar 'Wind Hydro Ch
      Posted by: "matthiesr" matthiesr@... matthiesr
      Date: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:10 am ((PST))

      Request for comments/committment for innovative Solar 'Wind Hydro Charge
      Controller

      We intend to manufacture a Solar Wind Microhydro innovative multiplexer
      power homogenizing battery-reviving CHARGE CONTROLLER.

      Our device's proprietary built-in voltage booster will make .. ..
      solar panels more effective in shady or low-sun situations; and,
      .. wind turbines produce 12v at wind speeds that are less than the
      usual threshold (i.e. in city environments); and,
      .. allow pico hydro generators to produce a fixed current even with
      imprecisely-calculated homebrewed PaT systems.

      Hello, my name is Rob Matthies. Having completed several newsworthy,
      award-winning game-changing, "dead-battery" pickup truck, water-powered
      50cc scooters, and other interesting out-of-the-box projects that have
      "gone commercial", my Vancouver Gadgeteer colleagues are gearing up to
      invent a "white box" Charge Controller that, among other features:

      1) Allow for 5 DC power inputs, eliminating the need for a Terminal
      Block for a solar panel array; the PV panels will isolated in parallel,
      thereby not blocking each other, as they would be doing in a series
      circuit -- estimated efficiency gain of up to 35% --- isn't this better
      than MPPT? (Maximum Power Point Tracking)

      2) Will homogenize and unify multiple DC input voltages into a
      rock-steady "constant voltage" 12VDC (nominal) to charge a battery bank

      3) Come with information and supplies/hardware on how to obtain dead
      lead-acid batteries (automotive, sealed, and deep-cycle) and how to
      revive (rejuvenate) these unusable batteries, thereby eliminating the
      need to purchase new batteries for any Off-The-Grid energy storage
      system (save $$$$ in your battery bank purchases)

      4) Boost input voltage from 5V to output 12V as required for an
      estimated efficiency gain of 5%-15% (makes a wind turbine useful at low
      RPM speeds, too)
      --- isn't this better than MPPT? (Maximum Power Point Tracking)

      5) Reduce input voltage (voltage regulator function) from as high as 30V
      to output 12V as required (eliminates "cooking" the batteries)

      6) Accept mixed, fluctuating, power inputs from solar panels, wind
      turbines, and a micro-hydro generator up to 1200 watts without the need
      for a separate solenoid switch of relay

      7) Charge at 12Vdc which is much safer than producing a (potentially
      fatal) higher voltage at the generator-to-battery bank circuit; thereby
      eliminating the need for GFI or GFCI devices

      8) Charge a 12V battery bank so that the least expensive DC to AC
      [quasi-] sine-wave inverters can be used for power utilization

      9) Eliminate the need for safety certification, as only 12VDC is
      utilized up to the battery bank

      10) Dump excess load into a load-diverter water-heating element, so that
      hot water can be made available to the user(s); makes excess power
      usable for say, a hot tub

      11) Have a 10-year "backwoods durable" warranty

      12) Will not use a LCD display because most LCD's will eventually become
      unreadble from direct sunlight

      13) Unlike all-other charge controllers, our "DC Power Pastuerizer" (our
      nickname for this Charge Control invention) will have a charge profile
      that will not cause battery degradation or electrolyte evaporation. (The
      fact is that no other battery rejuvenation system has been used to
      solely power the batteries in a 4-wheel Battery Electric Vehicle, except
      for my Revived Battery Electric Pickup Truck, as shown on TV
      documentaries. My unique knowledge will be used, in our Charge
      Controller, to keep batteries charged with the least possible degradation.)

      14) Can be used in multiples, working together

      15) Meant for use by unsophisticated users in out-of-the-way places

      16) Will have a limited battery reviving capability

      17) Will not be burnt/damaged by an sparking disconnect (many CMOS
      devices are easily destroyed by high transient voltages from sparks ---
      but not ours)

      18) Because each input is electrically-isolated, solar panels will not
      require blocking diodes. (Only the newest ones have blocking diodes.)

      19) "Soft start" will allow for switch-less connections without
      voltage-spike-causing sparks

      Could you please answer these ..

      a) How many units will we be able to sell annually?

      b) Will users pay $1200-$1600 for such a unit?

      c) What other features should this device have?

      d) Any other suggestions or comments?

      For references, please do a Keyword Search on any Search Engine for:

      i) VANCOUVER GADGETEERS

      ii) ROB MATTHIES INVENTOR

      iii) PaT MICRO HYDRO (requires RPM tweaking for precise voltage output
      -- not necessary with our charge controllers)

      iv) HIGH VOLTAGE AC MICRO HYDRO GENERATORS (produces >200 volts at the
      turbine --- potentially fatal and unnecessarily hazardous, in my
      opinion, as a non-fatal low voltage genny could be used to produce the
      same wattage)

      v) REVIVED BATTERY ELECTRIC PICKUP NEWS

      vi) GADGETEERS TAP WATER SCOOTER NEWS EVENTS

      vii) VANCOUVER GADGETEERS HEALTH DISCOVERIES

      Related topics
      :
      HYDRO AERO POWER (pico hydro power)
      note the obvious lack of funds to buy anything other than a token
      battery bank - our cost-free battery bank information would have
      made this power generation plant much more useful; the correct
      sized battery bank for this installation would be 10X larger than
      what is shown in the Youtube video, in our opinion
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2LRBgW71K0

      Thanks in advance to all for your input!