[microhydro] Re: Crossflow runner fabrication

  • Graig Pearen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2000
      Clarification on Jan's message about "brass soldering"

      In North America, we call it brazing because it is a different process
      both chemically and mechanically than soldering. Brazing rod is brass
      and solder is a lead/ten alloy (or silver if "silver soldering").

      Jan makes some good points about a brazed joint but you should wear the
      PROPER eye protection, not just dark sunglasses! You only get one set of
      eyes, don't take a chance !!!!

      Graig