Is This Possible?

  • chris72233
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
      If you have a high pressure hose and shoot it at a turbine could you net clean energy? They would be in a pool of water, so they would have an endless supply of water. It sounds like a reaction turbine works like that. I've been trying to find awnsers to these questions. How much power could it produce? How much power is needed for it to be worthwhile? At what rate will the hose spit out the water? Will the hose need a pump?
    • bruce.jones@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
        Remember that you can never get out of a system more than you put into it. 80% is usually a good return.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
          One little detail...it takes energy to pressurize water. SOMEBODY has to
          pay for that. Then there are the losses. That's why there are no
          'perpetual motion' machines. J. Kessler, Ft. Lauderdale