Re: [microhydro] Re: HELP for newbie!! low head high volume

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 2, 2009
      I ran across a Excel spreadsheet based on Timo Flaspohler theses on the small Kaplan. It is a link off of FRL website. http://www.frenchriverland.com/Kaplan%20Design%20Marko%20Kogovsek.xls

      Joel
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Joel
      To: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:56 AM
      Subject: Re: [microhydro] Re: HELP for newbie!! low head high volume

      Here is a thesis' a guy did on a Kaplan runner. It is very in-depth including blueprints and all the math for blade angles and twists. It is all theory though.
      This kind of info on a kaplan runner is real rare on the internet.
      Joel
      https://oa.doria.fi/bitstream/handle/10024/36335/Flasp%c3%83%c2%b6hler.Timo.pdf?sequence=1

      Date: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:05 am ((PDT))

      That is a excerpt from home power magazine as I stated. The question was
      was it possible to get 75 kw from a low head water source. He was
      questioning someone that had told him it was possible. I have no idea if
      he has the water flow to produce any power.
      --- In microhydro@yahoogroups.com, "Nando" <nando37@...> wrote:> >
      > > Congratulations for such a job,,> >
      > > But, who are you, are you Macleod ?.> >
      > > Or are you copying a part of a HOME POWER magazine article ?> >
      > > Indeed, low heads and great water volumes are good for energy
      production, a propeller with a good RPM and a multiplier does wonders.> >
      > > Nando

    • Joel
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 2, 2009
        On further research I find that the spread sheet link I posted was done by our own Marko!

        Date: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:05 am ((PDT))