New file uploaded to microgame

  • microgame@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 21 , May 2, 2008
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the microgame
      group.

      File : /Game Resources/MAP MUD 18.zip
      Uploaded by : avalomhilly <avalomhilly@...>
      Description : Simple Map Making Aide Scale\Rotate\Transparency

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      avalomhilly <avalomhilly@...>
    • microgame@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 21 , May 3, 2008
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the microgame
        group.

        File : /Game Resources/MAP MUD 20.zip
        Uploaded by : avalomhilly <avalomhilly@...>
        Description : Simple Map Making Aide Scale\Rotate\Transparency

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        avalomhilly <avalomhilly@...>
      • Tim Tow
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 28, 2008
          Does anyone have a scan of the counters from Slash Flick, the game in The Fantasy Gamer #1. I found my old copy but for some reason I had taken the counters out.

          Wonder why some of these old SJ games aren't being given the quick PDF treatment and re-released?

          Tim

        • The Maverick
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 29, 2008
            --- Tim Tow <ttow@...> wrote:

            > Wonder why some of these old SJ games aren't being
            > given the quick PDF treatment and re-released?

            A while back (several years now) when I asked for
            permission to reprint content from the Space Gamer, I
            was told by Steve Jackson that they intended to
            release the back issues of the magazine online. Not
            sure about the current status of this project...

            Joe

            ~ Never give up -- never surrender! ~~ Commander Peter Quincy Taggart ~
          • microgame@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 30, 2012
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the microgame
              group.

              File : /Lords of Underearth/Lords_of_Underearth_supplement.pdf
              Uploaded by : gloriousbattle <gloriousbattle@...>
              Description : Rules for gaming LOUE on a square grid, a simple magic system, and player character fate chart.

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 30, 2012
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the microgame
                group.

                File : /Lords of Underearth/Supplement_2-Magic_Technology_and_Lords_of_Underearth.pdf
                Uploaded by : gloriousbattle <gloriousbattle@...>
                Description : An even simpler magic system (basically an excuse to change nothing) and ideas on LOUE and WH40K.

                You can access this file at the URL:

                Regards,

                gloriousbattle <gloriousbattle@...>
              • Walt
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 30, 2012
                  Hi all, long time player of microgames, new member to this group.

                  I love the old microgames, but I really like 'pimping' them with new rules and improved components. I've added a new folder in the files section entitled Lords of Underearth, with a couple of new rules supplements to that game.

                  Hope you enjoy.
                • E Corcoran
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 30, 2012
                    You might be interested in this.
                    http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/143133/metagaming-microgames-that-have-been-redesigned

                    On 30 November 2012 19:15, Walt <gloriousbattle@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Hi all, long time player of microgames, new member to this group.
                    >
                    > I love the old microgames, but I really like 'pimping' them with new rules
                    > and improved components. I've added a new folder in the files section
                    > entitled Lords of Underearth, with a couple of new rules supplements to
                    > that game.
                    >
                    > Hope you enjoy.

                  • Walt
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 1, 2012
                      Very cool, and thank you; I have favorites that.

                      By the way, for anyone who is not familiar with it, boardgamegeek is a marvelous resource for anyone looking to breathe new life into old games.

                      For example, my microgame project of the moment is Lords of Underearth. I found an excellent redrawn map for this on bgg:

                      http://boardgamegeek.com/image/243161/the-lords-of-underearth?size=original

                      I blew it up so it fits on two 11" x 17" sheets and laminated them, and I am giving this to myself for Christmas, along with some new 15mm figures, which I will use to play the game.

                      Likewise, anyone with boardgame rules supplements, redrawn maps, new counters or minis replacing counters, or whatever bonuses they have to their games should really upload them to bgg.