Island of Lost Spells adventure for TFT

  • Jerry Meyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      Today, the finished copy of Island of Lost Spells arrived from Dark City Games.

      Now, before I go on, understand that I have some bias in that:

      A) I like new programmed adventures for TFT or Legends.

      B) I have been in contact with the author, who has told me something of the changes to this project.

      So, I am a liitle more excited than others may be.

      OK- so, the new version-

      It has a much better production quality than COK (Crown of Kings), because of better quality cardstock and glossyer artwork (sorry Dario, the artwork in COK is nice too, but the glossy print on IOLS is more of a grabber).

      There are new counters (The beta versions of COK and IOLS as well as the final release of COK had the same counter sheet) on better cardstock and the game-mat seems a bit stockier as well.

      While I haven't finished playing the beta version of IOLS, I am looking foreward to this one. While COK was a lot of fun (heroes do take a beatin' though- which is part of the fun) IOLS has a bit more RPG feel to it and more of a puzzle atmosphere.

      All in all, this looks like a good product, I'll say more when I'm finished with it, but for 12.95, it was a good value, so far.

      See the attached pic for the cover art and some of the counters.

      So, who else got a final version and what do you think?

      Lastly, if you areinterested in IOLS, COK, or a free copy of the Legends rules (Compatible with TFT) take a look at www.darkcitygames.com and let George know what you'd ike to see for TFT/ Legends stuff.