New adventures for The Fantasy Trip

  • Kirk Woller
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2005
      Hello everyone!

      I am a partner in an ongoing effort to produce quality adventures in
      the microquest style that can be played primarily with d6 RPGs, and
      are directly compatible with The Fantasy Trip. We have picked up
      the site address TheFantasyTrip.com recently to make it easier for
      people to find us.

      I found Melee at the local hobby store the summer of my senior year
      in 1977 and have been hooked ever since. For a short time I did a
      stint in the newly formed Steve Jackson Games right after graduating
      from The University of Texas and remember the beginnings of The
      Great Unknown Role Playing System, later renamed and then
      abbreviated GURPS.

      I have been very busy with work and my efforts with Dark City Games
      but I finally thought to poke around the Internet to see if there
      was anything associated with microgrames and/or The Fantasy Trip and
      lo and behold I have found this one!

      We have been working very hard (as all three of us have full-time
      jobs) to start this company and produce and sell illustrated
      programmed adventures complete with map, pieces, and starter RPG
      rules. I live in San Antonio, TX and handle mostly editing/writing
      duties, our artist Dario is in Italy, and George (production,
      business side) is in New York.

      We are on the cusp of releasing our first two complete efforts. We
      plan to have a majority of our sales through our sites, but may work
      to have local sales in New York and San Antonio, TX initially
      through the hobby stores as possible for more exposure if sales
      support it.

      We certainly would appreciate all who are interested to visit our
      sites and purchase the just recently completed "Crown of Kings" and
      upcoming "Island of Lost Spells" and let us know what you think.

      We have several submissions we are working on, and I am personally
      writing "Last Orders of the King" which should be a solidly large
      and challenging adventure with four beautiful maps and an
      interesting game mechanism that enhances play.

      It is our goal to be The Source for new programmed adventures to
      help revive the TFT style gaming format (or for use with GURPS,
      etc.) for both grognards and new, younger players and even more
      difficult than writing, illustrating, playtesting, and editing is
      getting the word out about our efforts! :)

      It is recreating the joy that we have experienced over the years
      with this beautiful game system that helps motivate us to work late
      into the night!

      So please send me or George an email if you have any thoughts or
      questions about Dark City Games, and please introduce us to your
      gaming groups and other adventure gamers that you know.

      Good gaming! :)

      -Kirk Woller
      http://www.TheFantasyTrip.com
      http://www.DarkCityGames.com
    • Jerry Meyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16, 2005
        I've picked up 2 of these already, and they're lots of fun (Crown of Kins and Island of Lost Spells).

        Kirk Woller <kirk.woller@...> wrote:
[...]

        Wargaming Published Board games Computer games Console game Miniature wargaming