Re: Sonion DiGiSimic interesting capsule

  • Klaus Hamlescher
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2007
      Very interesting. I wonder if four or six of them in parallel(still
      smaller than a 1/2" membrane area) would bring the self noise down?
      I also would like to try them, although they might be quite hard to
      solder as they have to be re-flow soldered. Maybe it could be done
      with solder paste and hot air. A pcb would be obligatory.

      Klaus

      --- In micbuilders@yahoogroups.com, jzagaja@... wrote:

      > Sonion DigiSiMic is extremely small 2,6 x 1,6 x 0,9 mm capsule with
      or without ADC (PDM output). It has 60dBSPL SNR (like Panasonic WM60
      or better) and avg. 35dB self noise. It works up to 90kHz and can be
      an interesting alternative for BK4138. I'm looking forward for
      binaural recording implementation since Sennheiser KE211-4used by
      Moeller et. al. (see binaural suite in AES) cost 50eu/stuck.

      > I think that the smaller membrane (impulse response, see Manger/AES)
      is better suitable for ultra resolution measurements.

    • jzagaja@poczta.onet.pl
      Message 2 of 6 , May 30, 2007
        The price for 8002 microphone at Audiotronics is 11 Euro each below 1000 units. 30 day delivery.

        --
        Jacek Zagaja

        Universität Kassel,
        Institut für Werkstofftechnik