Re: Alice built, great but need better SPL for drums...

  • qw1209po
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      Scott:

      > The Alice isn't very good with loud signals - it overloads in its own
      > circuit. You could do a proper mic pad by adding a small capacitor in
      > parallel to the capsule, too.

      Could you provide a practical value and type for this cap? And would
      it have any influence on the Fq response?

      Thanks!

      Steve
    • Scott Helmke
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
        Umm.... 10pF, maybe? I actually haven't done this myself. A good film
        capacitor at 10pF will be both cheap and tiny, and that's the way many
        commercial mics handle the pad issue. Shouldn't have any real influence
        on frequency response, since the capsule itself is a capacitor.

        -Scott

        --
        ---- Scott Helmke ---- scott@... ---- (734) 604-9340 ----
        And you'll visualize not taking any chances