Re: TRANSSOUND SITE Finally done TRANSSOUND.NET

  • Rich Peet
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 10, 2005
      Thanks Mark. With the steady growth of this group I think your work
      will pay off. We are over 700 and the composition of its members I
      still find amazing.

      I am off to a more remote site for the next few days so if another
      with approval rights doesn't watch new member requests may take until
      later this week to be processed. (no, not florida again as I had
      enough fun with Ivan, I think, maybe).

      Rich

      --- In micbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "mstrong56" <mstrong@j...> wrote:
      > Well folks, way back when I did the group buy on Transsound and
      doled them out all over
      > the world, I had no clue how time consuming and costly it was to be.
      >
      > Since I am in the business of making selling and distributing
      microphone parts, I decided
      > to make a Transsound microphone ordering page/site with all the
      reference data on it and
      > to stock the items so people can order a few and get them quickly.
      >
      > It turns out I had no clue how time consuming and costly that would
      to be either. Maybe
      > I'll break even on it in a few years.
      >
      > Anyway, it is FINALLY DONE.
      >
      > Please check it out and let me know what you think and how it loads,
      or anything you
      > notice that needs fixing.
      >
      > http://www.transsound.net
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mark
    • Paul Doornbusch
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 10, 2005
        And I can only recommend Mark's service to all - I ordered capsules
        on Friday from Melbourne Australia, including a lot of palarva with
        PayPal, and I was _astonished_ when they arrived Monday lunchtime
        at my door.

        Fabulous service, thank's Mark.

        Paul

        -----------------
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • mstrong56
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 11, 2005
          Wasn't planning on doing anything with the dynamics, but the web guy found the data and
          converted it and put it up (more $$$). Anyway, I don't have any, haven't tested them and
          would want to collect enought data to make a selection grid and provide better data on the
          items. Basically the web guy got that far and I had to pay for the effort, so there it is.

          --- In micbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Scott Helmke <scott@s...> wrote:
          > Looks good, Mark - and many many thanks for carrying these capsules. Being
          > able to get pro-quality capsules like the TSB-165A is wonderful.
          >
          > Are you planning on carrying the dynamic capsules? I had no way of knowing
          > which, if any, of those would be available. Maybe just putting all the
          > non-stock items in italics on the main pages could be used to indicate
          > availability.
          >
          > -Scott
          >
          > On Sunday 10 July 2005 08:33, mstrong56 wrote:
          > > Well folks, way back when I did the group buy on Transsound and doled them
          > > out all over the world, I had no clue how time consuming and costly it was
          > > to be.
          > >
          > > Since I am in the business of making selling and distributing microphone
          > > parts, I decided to make a Transsound microphone ordering page/site with
          > > all the reference data on it and to stock the items so people can order a
          > > few and get them quickly.
          > >
          > > It turns out I had no clue how time consuming and costly that would to be
          > > either. Maybe I'll break even on it in a few years.
          > >
          > > Anyway, it is FINALLY DONE.
          > >
          > > Please check it out and let me know what you think and how it loads, or
          > > anything you notice that needs fixing.
          > >
          > > http://www.transsound.net
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Mark
          > >

          > --
          > ---- Scott Helmke ---- scott@s... ---- (734) 604-9340 ----
          > And you'll visualize not taking any chances
          > But meet them halfway with love, peace, and persuasion
          > And expect them to rise to the occasion
          > (from "Glad Tidings", by Van Morrison)
        • thepompousdwarf
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 13, 2005
            You rule, Mark.

            Thanks so, SO much. I hope you reap financial rewards on this, at
            least eventually. You certainly will reap good karmic ones :-)

            Peace,
            Sanaka
          • Dave B
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 3, 2005
              --- In micbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "mstrong56" <mstrong@j...> wrote:

              > Since I am in the business of making selling and distributing
              microphone parts, I decided
              > to make a Transsound microphone ordering page/site with all the
              reference data on it ...

              > Please check it out and let me know what you think and how it loads,
              or anything you
              > notice that needs fixing.

              Hi Mark,
              I can't get a "purchase" button on the Dynamics I clicked on. The
              Electrets I tried worked fine. Specifically, the Beta-58 didn't have
              an option to purchase.

              Thanks for the effort!
              Dave
            • Scott Helmke
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 3, 2005
                Ah yes, wouldn't it be cool if we could buy those dynamic capsules? I asked
                a while back, and Mark isn't carrying those. :(

                -Scott

                --
                ---- Scott Helmke ---- scott@... ---- (734) 604-9340 ----
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 4, 2005
                  Dynamics shouldn't be there. Can get if anyone wants QUANTITY.
                  I am not stocking samples of those, just the higher end ECM's for the moment.

                  I'll get back to this eventually, but WAY backlogged in the world of commodity mics and
                  mic assemblies - midst of various court cases related to the industrail condo assn I'm the
                  head of - jury duty looming - installing my first network and moving everyone to new
                  software - ....... Oy vey

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 4, 2005
                    I thought it was too good to be true. :-) Just curious, what's the
                    minimum order for something like an SM57, 58, or Beta58?

                    Is it possible (when things slow down) to have the available capsules
                    bolded or italicized?

                    The reason I ask: In some cases, it looks like something might be
                    available but the shopping cart buttons don't appear. For example, on
                    the TSB-68D, the words "shopping_cart" are below the photo, but that's
                    it. It looks like an HTML problem, but that's just a guess.

                    This is just feedback. I understand you're still getting things off
                    the ground.

                    --- In micbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "mstrong56" <mstrong@j...> wrote:
                    > Dynamics shouldn't be there. Can get if anyone
                    > wants QUANTITY. I am not stocking samples of
                    > those, just the higher end ECM's for the moment.
                  • Jason May
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 4, 2005