Re: [micbuilders] Re: Transsound group buy?

  • Bob Cain
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 1, 2004
      Mike Darling wrote:

      > Ok, I just checked those out on the transsound site (it loads much
      > faster from here on campus) and i think they look good too. I've
      > emailed them for quotes on the 140A's and asked about the freight
      > costs for orders of 100-200 units. I probably could handle organizing
      > a group buy, but I've never done one before so if someone with more
      > experience wants to step in, please go speak up. ;)

      I did the last one. I was considering a reseller
      relationship with them but they don't seem to understand
      (yeah, right) that if the factory is competing with you at
      their prices and your quantities there ain't much motivation
      to buy from a reseller.

      How much they seem to understand you and your questions
      seems to depend on whether or not they want to answer them.

      I pretty much gave up on it so feel free to do what you
      wish. If you can work something out with them go right
      ahead, I found getting straight answers too frustrating to
      continue trying to work anything out.

      Bob

      simpler."

      A. Einstein
    • Bob Cain
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 2, 2004
        Michael Darling wrote:
        > Just an update-
        > The cost for the TSB-160A will be the same as the 165. They still didn't
        > answer my minimum order question directly,

        Get used to that. :-)

        > but considering as a group we're
        > interested in _nearly 200_ of the 165s we do have some leverage. It looks
        > like ordering other parts in nice round numbers (in qty's of 10) should
        > work.

        I'd go for 10 if you can swing it. My advice in working
        with her on the minimum quantity issue is just to take
        orders as if there were no minimum and present her with
        whatever numbers you end up with as the order. I.e., ignore
        the issue until you are told otherwise.

        Bob

        simpler."

        A. Einstein