Welcome all

  • Rich Peet
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
      I have volunteered to moderate this new group.
      It is a transition from
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MicDIYers/
      which was wounded by large quantities of spam.

      I will hold an open period of "open membership"
      This will close after a period of time and new members will be
      reviewed.

      I will post the daily digest of this group as often as I can which I
      will expect to be at least 5 days per week. The daily digest will be
      edited for spam. If anyone wishes to beat me to the daily digest
      mirror post from this site that would be nice.

      My intent is not to be a moderator of content or opionion as I am not
      saying or representing to be the most all knowing on this group. I am
      also as prone as anyone to an occational post that is not appropriate.

      If this new site takes off that is great. If it does not then we will
      decide after a period if this serves a function.

      We will continue to search for a way to bring the archives and files
      from the old group over to this one after "edit of spam" and will look
      into the way to do that.

      Unless feedback is counter to my feelings I will not be reverse
      posting new posts from this group to the old one.

      This is a choice for all of you and you may decide which you prefer
      to live and which to die.

      I will start the mirror of daily digest tommorrow.

      Rich Peet
    • Rich Peet
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
        Mac suggests that I shouldn't even bother with posting from the
        original group and making a mirror of those messages here.
        It would save me time if we did make a clean break. Let me know if
        anyone has strong feelings on that.

        Any ideas as to how to move an archive to the files section or even
        to copy all the messages would be good to know as well.

        Rich Peet

        --- In micbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Peet" <richpeet@c...> wrote:
        > I have volunteered to moderate this new group.
        > It is a transition from
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MicDIYers/
        > which was wounded by large quantities of spam.
        >
        > I will hold an open period of "open membership"
        > This will close after a period of time and new members will be
        > reviewed.
        >
        > I will post the daily digest of this group as often as I can which I
        > will expect to be at least 5 days per week. The daily digest will be
        > edited for spam. If anyone wishes to beat me to the daily digest
        > mirror post from this site that would be nice.
        >
        > My intent is not to be a moderator of content or opionion as I am
        not
        > saying or representing to be the most all knowing on this group. I
        am
        > also as prone as anyone to an occational post that is not
        appropriate.

        > If this new site takes off that is great. If it does not then we
        will
        > decide after a period if this serves a function.
        >
        > We will continue to search for a way to bring the archives and files
        > from the old group over to this one after "edit of spam" and will
        look
        > into the way to do that.
        >
        > Unless feedback is counter to my feelings I will not be reverse
        > posting new posts from this group to the old one.
        >
        > This is a choice for all of you and you may decide which you prefer
        > to live and which to die.
        >
        > I will start the mirror of daily digest tommorrow.
        >
        > Rich Peet
      • gmhg41
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
          --- In micbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Peet" <richpeet@c...> wrote:
          > Mac suggests that I shouldn't even bother with posting from the
          > original group and making a mirror of those messages here.
          > It would save me time if we did make a clean break. Let me know if
          > anyone has strong feelings on that.

          That makes sense to me. I think it might be a good idea to just post
          a notice on the old page from time to time so that people can find
          this one easily.

          I suggest you make someone else and "owner" of the list as well
          (Yahoo allows 2 owners). That way, if something happens to you (i.e.,
          things come up in your life, you get sick, go on vacation, give up
          making mics, whatever), someone else will be able to keep things from
          falling apart.

          I nominate Bob Cain, if he's willing. He seems like a reasonable guy,
          whose fairly active on the list, and he's been posting here a very
          long time. Speaking of which, I looked in the archives, and I see I
          made my first post in March of 1999. Time flies!

          Bob Rogers
        • Rich Peet
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2003
            > I suggest you make someone else and "owner" of the list as well
            > (Yahoo allows 2 owners). That way, if something happens to you
            (i.e.,
            > things come up in your life, you get sick, go on vacation, give up
            > making mics, whatever), someone else will be able to keep things
            from
            > falling apart.

            We got it covered. Macrohenry is control for ownership and he has
            listed me as a moderator. We both have active the "delete group" key
            as well as other functions. If Mac wishes to add a second moderator
            I will leave that to his decision as I don't have a preference.

            Because of the international members I see joining as well as
            providers that appear to be phone connected I switched off posting
            binaries but the Files and Photos area within the web based access
            are active and open for posting. If someone wants something removed
            from these areas you may have to e-mail me to accomplish that.

            Rich Peet