RE: [micbuilders] what objectively is the point in ribbon microphones ?

  • Rev Tony Newnham
    Message 1 of 69 , Nov 30, 2012
      Hi

      Aside from personal preferences regarding the sound, the dead area of a
      ribbon (i.e. 90deg off axis) is far and away lower in response than the rear
      of a cardioid, allowing greater seperation from unwanted sounds.

      Every Blessing

      Tony

      (who has a pair of vintage EMI 4038's)

      Message 69 of 69 , Dec 5, 2012
        The AEA KU4 is has a supercardioid polar pattern and is a modern interpretation of the RCA KU3A.