Re: [micbuilders] what objectively is the point in ribbon microphones ?

  • Sergei Steshenko
    Message 1 of 69 , Nov 30, 2012
      "With a figure of 8 mic you can record two say Tom drums with one mic." - OK, that makes sense, but doesn't justify ribbon specifically.

      If we have good SNR, transients are _not_ an issue - proper equalization fixes them.

      So, again, what is the point in ribbon mikes specifically ? They are not cheaper and they are not easier to interface.

      Thanks,
        Sergei.

    • julianinla
      Message 69 of 69 , Dec 5, 2012
        The AEA KU4 is has a supercardioid polar pattern and is a modern interpretation of the RCA KU3A.