Re: AKG perception 220

  • mcglynn_matt
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 29, 2012
      --- In micbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "henryspragens" <henryspragens@...> wrote:

      > Electronics - look like AKG high end mics, 3 circuit boards full of SMT parts.

      Since this thread began, I bought one of these, too, and photographed it (naked). If you want to see what Henry is describing, go to:
      http://recordinghacks.com/microphones/AKG-Acoustics/Perception-220

      Henry, I'm very interested to hear if you identify any upgrades for this mic.

      FWIW, I think it's a pretty capable mic for its ~$180 street price. We tested it on numerous sources, and for its price class it was a standout. It does not sound like the cheap-import standard (linear circuit plus K67). And as Henry states, the build quality is good.

      --
      matt.