Re: [micRo-cnc] Re: Contacting Robin

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2012
      Jean,,

      I received a "hit" many years ago, just after I started to run my own consultancy abck in the early
      nineties. My main client was delaying and delaying... a 50k$ payment - and they just waited for
      their client to pay up - really soon now... So I spent further 20k$ on them. Throwing more good money in a money pit.
      I guess they honestly believed they had a chance to recover.

      And on top of that, I had to pay the #$%^& government VAT on the money I never got! As I ran over many VAT periods.
      I almost went tits up on that one.

      So, lesson learned. I seldom invest more than I can afford to loose on "fun" projects.

      I don't want tehe LL micRO design to be lost. If someone picks up LL's assets ( I can't see they being many ), they might want to retain the micRO - who knows. I think we have to wait and see.

      In Europe, in most cases when the bankruptcy is finalised and no one buys the remnants/leftovers, the product rights more or less disappears after the notice period. I don't know how it works in the US but as most bankruptcy laws are based on old English laws, I think it's very similar.
      The US are after all - former English colonies.

      //Dan