Contacting Robin

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2012
      Suggestion:

      Would it be possible (and proper) to contact Robin.
      He is the one who made the technical drawings for the micro.

      http://www.peekyou.com/robin_turner/53272637

      Maybe we could invite him to be a member of this group.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2012
        On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:04:45 -0000
        "Jean" <jean_renier@...> wrote:

        > Suggestion:
        >
        > Would it be possible (and proper) to contact Robin.
        > He is the one who made the technical drawings for the micro.
        >
        > http://www.peekyou.com/robin_turner/53272637
        >
        > Maybe we could invite him to be a member of this group.

        Don't think so.

        It would be improper at best and probably a breach of contract unless LL goes formally bust.

        //Dan
      • Jean
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 29, 2012
          I was under the impression that LL was already 'bust'.
          Maybe not officially yet, and i agree that we should wait for that.
          Still hope that BC gets better and LL can recover.
          I am 1500US$ lighter but i also realized when i spend that money that a small company in a worsening economy and with only 1-2 people capable of running it is a risk.
          I have my own small company and i had almost a bankruptcy when a large client went bust. My partners wife died and he was effectively not able to function.

          For me it is just that it would be a shame that a design like the micro would be lost, and maybe Robin can be the one to start it again.
          Maybe he can even take over that part of LL and help us out.

          Just some thoughts.....

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 29, 2012
            Jean,,

            I received a "hit" many years ago, just after I started to run my own consultancy abck in the early
            nineties. My main client was delaying and delaying... a 50k$ payment - and they just waited for
            their client to pay up - really soon now... So I spent further 20k$ on them. Throwing more good money in a money pit.
            I guess they honestly believed they had a chance to recover.

            And on top of that, I had to pay the #$%^& government VAT on the money I never got! As I ran over many VAT periods.
            I almost went tits up on that one.

            So, lesson learned. I seldom invest more than I can afford to loose on "fun" projects.

            I don't want tehe LL micRO design to be lost. If someone picks up LL's assets ( I can't see they being many ), they might want to retain the micRO - who knows. I think we have to wait and see.

            In Europe, in most cases when the bankruptcy is finalised and no one buys the remnants/leftovers, the product rights more or less disappears after the notice period. I don't know how it works in the US but as most bankruptcy laws are based on old English laws, I think it's very similar.
            The US are after all - former English colonies.

            //Dan