Pick and Place

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2013
      Hi all,

      As I am surrendering to the effing SMD parts, I decided to either fork out 4k U$ for a ready made simple Pick'n Place machine or build one myself. I decided to go for the latter - I have a micRO!.

      Just ordered a Vacuum Pen ( 0.99 Pounds! ) on Ebay for a pick and place addition to my M3.

      Look at:

      http://hackaday.com/2012/11/24/an-inexpensive-manual-pick-and-place-machine/

      but replace the manual stuff with the micRO

      A vacuum pump costs around 25 Pounds so with all the extra bits required plus my already present USB camera/microscope, a pick and place addition is below 50 U$.

      I'll drop some photographs when I'm further ahead.

      I plane to make one reel setup only ( or to start with ). Dunno if I'm making it a motor driven reel contrapment but as I don't use the motor switch, I might be able to use that output to toggle a motor for the reel.

      //danand, M0DFI
    • m0dfi
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2013

        I looked at the link in my earlier posts and replaced all wood with alu profiles and Delrin details.

        I didn't want to make a 100% copy..

        I can now manually pick and place stuff down to 0402 so the need for an automatic setup on my micro

        is overkill.

        //

        ---In micRo-cnc@yahoogroups.com, <dan@...> wrote:

[...]

      • jeremyvnc
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 28, 2013

          Can you put a video on youtube for this?  I'd love to see a micRo doing pick and place.