Re: [micRo-cnc] Re: It makes me really crossed...

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 7, 2013
      Well,

      I was lucky I guess. I delayed my delivery a year as I where workling in Saudi Arabia after I first ordered the bot. So I delayed it until I came back to the UK and I also upgraded the order to everything but the LCD touch screen. So my timing was perfect. ( for once ).

      The eshapeoko looks like a lot of do for ther dosh. I'm not a friend of the gravity "mounted" Y axis as I don't want a lot of moving mass, hence tthe low wheight spindles of mine.

      Sad to say, I only use my bot "half time" as it's in my garage - no heat... So during the 'orrible English Channel chilly ( mostly wet ) season, it's to cold to be out in the garage for hours.

      But I was out in the garage today and haf the first cigar in the garage for this yesar ( more to come ).

      The immediate project to start the building season is a 4GHz sampling scope frontend for less than 50 Pounds. That will bring a new life to my chink 25 MHz ols scope. I start the garage sessions at or just after the 16th. Thats when Analig Devices claim I'll get the parts I ordered.

      I need to find out something clever to let the bot start paying back some invested money this year. A decent sampling scope box might be possible to sell as a kit. Who knows...

      Cheers

      Dan, M0DFI