Re: [micRo-cnc] New Spindle

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2013
      My mill/lathe gadget has arrived!

      I have started homework on how to design a reasonable simple spindle. I'll order aluminium stock next week so this shouldn't take too long.

      Another thought.

      I use the "Etch_Z" auto leveller program when I mill pcb's. This mean - I run an autoleveller before I mill each pcb. However, I have semipermanently mounted a vacuum, table near max XY on the base so I can leave it there while milling other stuff. I have planed the vacuum table close to perfection and it seems to be staying flat. Enough for not really needing to run the autoleveller anymore.

      However, I'm looking for a program that can do a partial or full base probing run, saving the Z deviation in a file or a python program that I can call as a "milling program" to mill anywhere on the base and take into consideration the previously logged Z deviation file.

      Anyone out there clever enough in python to do this?

      //Danand