Re: Spindle for my micRO

  • mikauvalley
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 19, 2013
      Hello Dale:
      I agree with everything that you said.  I have made small holes in aluminum using 1/16" end mills running at 1 ipm and 10% bite.  On the average, a 15 -20 ipm feed rate works OK for aluminum, but as I mentioned before, some projects take forever.  So I am experimenting with the router even though I know the micRo is not built for it.
      In the picture file, I placed a phone picture of the router clamp.  The bottom and top of the router have vent holes, so I may need to create splash guards for those areas when I use coolant, that is, if I ever get to that point assuming the micRo does not break.
      I am self employed and work by contract so I get chunks of free time between contracts to pursue other interests.  So I try to create things.  I have been looking at Tormach 770 "personal cnc" for a while, $10k with accessories, maybe I can save up for that.  Or maybe Robin is working on an upgrade machine.  I have also been looking at Sprutcam; seems better that the cam software that I have that does not have reroughing/restmilling unless I buy the 5 axis expensive version.
      Hello Robin:  I sort of heard that you were involved in an upgrade project??
      Mikau.

      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 20, 2013
        Working.

        I had the partition number specified instead of the full drive.

        If anyone else needs a 10.04 linuxCNC 2.6+,
        I can clean up my files and make it accessible on the net.

        //danand