RE: [micRo-cnc] RTAPI ERROR

  • Gerrit Visser
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 15, 2012

      Hi Dan,

      What is that keeps moving in these situations? This is why I believe in pinning things in place after alignment, not relying on friction.......

      Gerrit

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 15, 2012
        The piece of alu is still perfectly in place. I'm using
        fixtures when I mill now. It makes better repeatability and I can easily re set x0 and y0 with the G38.2 probe command.

        I actually took some time aread a book about fixtures...

        During the vibrations, the x screws didn't rotate as usual in the x blocks. So the stepper lost positioning.

        I get decent friction and I have a bottle of spray on stick glue... Things doesn't move unless I want it or allow it.

        I have to mill some more enclosure part tomorrow so I'll investigate further.

        I'm builing a couple of Bruene Power bridges. One RF Power meter to 500W and one to 2kW. I have a nice recipe or concept to make very nice boxes in aluminium. Very little milling and no cutting.

        //danand