Grayson & Kellie on Kickstarter.

  • sf648
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2012
      I'm really unhappy to see this:

      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eye3/eye3

      I want LL to do well, and I was really hoping that at some point in the future they would get back to doing good work on the Micro. It's hard to have much hope when they are starting new projects before settling up with old customers.
    • Dale Botkin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2012
        No joke...  you'd think that some of the apparently *considerable* time and effort put into that could have been spent at least communicating with those to whom they are already obligated.

        Dale
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 22, 2012
          Are they delivering any micRO's at all now?

          //Danand

          On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 19:22:32 -0600
          "Dale Botkin"<dale@...> wrote:

          > No joke... you'd think that some of the apparently *considerable* time and
          > effort put into that could have been spent at least communicating with those
          > to whom they are already obligated.
          >
          > Dale

        • angus deveson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 22, 2012
            Well, i've alerted kickstarter about the lumenlab situation... It's a horrible thing to do, but considering you can still 'order' a micro CNC on the site, and there's no evidence of any intention to send machines till he reaches his '500k' goal, that's just fraud...
          • Alex
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 22, 2012
              I got an email explaining the situation from Grayson. Did others get it too? Someone posted it on the LL Forums.

              Alex

              --- In micRo-cnc@yahoogroups.com, "sf648" <sandro.fouche@...> wrote:

              > I'm really unhappy to see this:
              >
              > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eye3/eye3
              >
              > I want LL to do well, and I was really hoping that at some point in the future they would get back to doing good work on the Micro. It's hard to have much hope when they are starting new projects before settling up with old customers.

            • bookmark13
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 23, 2012
                I did.

                --- In micRo-cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <ask@...> wrote:

                > I got an email explaining the situation from Grayson. Did others get it too? Someone posted it on the LL Forums.
                >
                > Alex
                >

                > --- In micRo-cnc@yahoogroups.com, "sf648" <sandro.fouche@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm really unhappy to see this:
                > >
                > > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eye3/eye3
                > >
                > > I want LL to do well, and I was really hoping that at some point in the future they would get back to doing good work on the Micro. It's hard to have much hope when they are starting new projects before settling up with old customers.

              • mooshootwo
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 23, 2012
                  Unfortunately, I did not get the email, but I'm glad the community is here to share information.

                  I'm glad that Grayson came clean. Though I am disappointed, at least for now I can stop wondering what is happening with my partially paid M4/3. The email seems very sincere and I don't fault them for making the hard choices.

                  Mark

                  --- In micRo-cnc@yahoogroups.com, "bookmark13" <mark@...> wrote:

                  > I did.
                  >
                  > --- In micRo-cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <ask@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I got an email explaining the situation from Grayson. Did others get it too? Someone posted it on the LL Forums.
                  > >
                  > > Alex
                  > >

                  > > --- In micRo-cnc@yahoogroups.com, "sf648" <sandro.fouche@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I'm really unhappy to see this:
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eye3/eye3
                  > > >
                  > > > I want LL to do well, and I was really hoping that at some point in the future they would get back to doing good work on the Micro. It's hard to have much hope when they are starting new projects before settling up with old customers.

                • M C
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 24, 2012
                    Looks like they doubled the 25k number.  I'm not sure how I feel about it... I hope they are successful in all future endeavors, but people should somehow know that they have not been honest and taken money from customers.
                  • sf648
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 27, 2012
                      Well they made it to 78K before Kickstarter pulled the plug. I'm guessing there was enough discussion on the comments page to make Kickstarter nervous. If Eye3 were to fail to ship rewards it would have been a real black eye to Kickstarter which is starting to get a bit of a bad reputation because of a few failed projects.

                      Allowing LL to launch a Kickstarter project was probably just too much of a risk for them.

                      -Sandro