Re: [micRo-cnc] Re design of the micRO

  • Martijn Kuipers
    Message 1 of 55 , May 11 2:36 PM
      I was just drawing the sides of the Y-axis and those need 3 large
      holes with a depth of around 65mm (2.5in). How would you do that with
      a mill? Large tools or a drill ...

      /Martijn
      Message 55 of 55 , May 14 8:49 PM
        On Mon, 14 May 2012 23:41:00 -0000
        "cnc739" <cnc739@...> wrote:

        > You need 3 bores. 2 for shafts, one for the screw. But onlythe one for the screw has to be near perfect.

        When I made a LL version of the Z block, the bore for the screw is the least critical bore.
        The bores for the two shafts are more critical as thats what holds the Z Block in place.

        The two bores for the shafts are what makes or breaks the accuracy. Getting the position wrong and you need to shim the corner block at the best but you also have to trim the Y block for runout.

        As the XYL dissappears for training the rest of this week, I'll have alost 4 days of undisturbed garage time :) No daytime "honeydo's" for a week... I'm realy going to use this week - I'm even up early as 04:48. Almost like Army times - don't burn daylight!

        I'm milling up a fixture for making Z blocks and LL tool holders. Succeding with that, I'll make a couple of ZBlock + tool holder sets. I have aluminium and hpde for at least 10.

        //danand