Re: [micRo-cnc] Re design of the micRO

    Message 1 of 55 , May 11 2:35 PM
      On Fri, 11 May 2012 17:23:25 -0400
      Sandro Fouche <sandro.fouche@...> wrote:

      > cost effective/accurate/repeatable way of machining the parts

      I think this was the real Achilles heal for Lumenlab. I bet there was a lot of rejects...

      I use self adhesive copper film for setting X and Y. I know the thickness of the copper film so I can compensate.

      As long as the fixture is dead on 90 degrees, it's fine.

      //danand
      Message 55 of 55 , May 14 8:49 PM
        On Mon, 14 May 2012 23:41:00 -0000
        "cnc739" <cnc739@...> wrote:

        > You need 3 bores. 2 for shafts, one for the screw. But onlythe one for the screw has to be near perfect.

        When I made a LL version of the Z block, the bore for the screw is the least critical bore.
        The bores for the two shafts are more critical as thats what holds the Z Block in place.

        The two bores for the shafts are what makes or breaks the accuracy. Getting the position wrong and you need to shim the corner block at the best but you also have to trim the Y block for runout.

        As the XYL dissappears for training the rest of this week, I'll have alost 4 days of undisturbed garage time :) No daytime "honeydo's" for a week... I'm realy going to use this week - I'm even up early as 04:48. Almost like Army times - don't burn daylight!

        I'm milling up a fixture for making Z blocks and LL tool holders. Succeding with that, I'll make a couple of ZBlock + tool holder sets. I have aluminium and hpde for at least 10.

        //danand