[mi-swingdance] Driving directions and other dance info

  • B. Budzynski
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2000
      Hi Dancers,

      Many of us are going to the Lafayette Grande in Pontiac for the dance
      and lindy competition. This will be a fun evening for only $10.00 per
      person.

      Driving directions from I-75 from the Flint area:
      Take I-75 south to US-24/Dixie Hwy exit
      Turn right onto Dixie Hwy/US-24. Go about 10 miles.
      Dixie Hwy/US becomes Oakland Ave/US-24
      Stay on Oakland Ave for .01 miles
      Turn right onto Lafayette St. The address is One Lafayette.

      Driving directions from Detroit are:
      Get off I-75 at M-59 WEST exit and merge onto MI-59 W
      Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto MI-59W/University Dr and then turn right on
      M-59/Widetrack. Make a sharp left on Oakland Ave and turn right
      on
      Lafayette. The address if One Lafayette.

      Our dancing friend, Tom Pogros, tells us that Burn the Floor, will be
      playing at the Foxx Theater in Detroit April 25 to April 29. Tickets
      are $60.00 for the main floor and the balcony and are available from
      your local Ticketmasters.
      This will be a ballroom production but will be of interest to all
      dancers.