Michigan Classic Updates

  • Bob/Beverly Budzynski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2004

      MICHIGAN CLASSIC UPDATE

      After months of preparation, the Michigan Classic is almost here! There is a lot of information in this email. Special notice concerning day time and evening passes and very important information concerning transportation (shuttle) to and from the airport! We are tremously excited about the Michigan Classic. We thank in advance all our friends and supporters for their volunteer efforts to help make the Michigan Classic a success.

      Day & Evening Passes...
      $10.00 - Thursday Night Kick Off Party
      $15.00 - Friday Day Time Pass
      $25.00 - Friday Night Pass (after 7:00 pm)
      $15.00 - Saturday Day Time Pass
      $30.00 - Saturday Night Pass (without dinner, after 7:00 pm)
      $30.00 - Dinner Pass (meal only)
      $15.00 - Sunday Day Time Pass
      $10.00 - Sunday Night Farewell Party (after 7:00 pm)
      $10.00 - Late Night Dance Pass (after competitions & shows, approx 11:30pm-4:00am)

      ***These passes will be available at the event registration desk, do not mail any registrations for these passes.

      SPECIAL LINDY ROOM DANCE PASS $30.00
      4 nights of dancing to the music of Lindy DJ's Paulette Brockington, Jason Herron, John Lozano and more. Thursday thur Sunday in the Lindy Ballroom.
      Does not permit entrance to main ballroom, competitions, or workshops.

      Seminar News...
      Skippy Blair is still taking reservations for her 3-day combined "Intensive & Judging Seminar" at the Michigan Classic on  Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  Complete package includes 9 instructional modules, 1 Motion Study workshop and 1 Critique Session lasting a total of more than 20 hours. The price is only $225.  Option to register for individual days or modules. Please call Phil @ 615-242-2674 to pre-register. Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to take these classes. Skippy is on her final tour and these seminars will not be available much longer! We will take registrations at the event on Thursday morning.

      Shuttle and Transportation from Airport...
      We are arranging volunteers to shuttle our professionals and patrons flying in from all parts of the country. The local shuttle costs are very high and we are arranging low cost shuttle service by using volunteers. If you are flying in and would like us to help with your transportation please email us as soon as you can with your flight details (arrival & departuture). We will send out instructions on Wednesday regarding our shuttle program. We will aslo include the cost for the shuttle as soon as we determine how many need the service and our cost to provide the service.

      The Michigan Classic is the official "National Championship" competition site for WC Swing and Lindy Hop, for the AAU Junior Olympics.  Gold, Silver and Bronze medalists will have the option to compete for highest honors in the 2004 Junior Olympics in August.

      The AAU Junior Olympics committee has just announced that Swing dancers will be able to enter the competitions for the "National Championship of Swing" at the registration desk of the Michigan Classic on the day of the competitions. Winners go on to the 2004 Junior Olympics in August. WC Swing and Lindy Hop dancers ages 6 - 22 may enter. Your placement in the existing divisions at the Michigan Classic will simultaneously apply to the Olympic Competition after those couples who are over 22 are excluded from consideration.  No additional routines or separate divisions are required.

      Olympic T-Shirts will be given to all contestants and the Top Three finalists will receive prestigious Gold, Silver, and Bronze Junior Olympics die-struck medals with red, white, and blue neck ribbons at a special Olympics Awards Ceremony on Sunday evening.
      Here's your chance to win beautiful Olympic medals at the Swing National Championships in Michigan in July and again at the AAU Junior Olympic Games in Iowa in August. Go for the GOLD! Call Phil Dorroll to enter today!!     615-242-2674

      MORE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS...

      Registration for the Event...
      Please do not mail any more registrations via the mail. We will accept your registration at the event or if you would like to save time in the registration line you can pre-register by calling Phil @ 615-242-2674 and register with your credit card.

      Competition Entries Deadline Extended...
      We are accepting additional competition dance entries at the event, but, we would appreciate your pre-registration of any dance entries to help speed up the registration process at the event. Please check for competition registration cut off times upon arrival.

      Refund Policy...
      The Michigan Classic Refund Policy is simple... there are no refunds. All passes sold are non-refundable. Event passes are transferable which means you can sell or give your pass to someone else should you not be able to come to the event. Competition entries are also non-refundable and non-transferable.

      Jack & Jill & Strictly Swing...
      The WSDC registry books will be available at the registration desk. If you are over 35 years of age you will allowed to dance in the WSDC J & & as well as the 35+  J & J  (you do not get points for this division). This rule also applies to the Strictly Swing Divisions.

      Fast Dance Division...
      Please note correction in tempo. This division is any dance that is danced to a tempo of 170 beats per minute or faster. All couples are welcome to dance in this Division. You may dance this division with the same partner that you compete with in the Open Divisions.

      Volunteers for the Event...
      We need volunteers for the event. If you are interested please call or email us and let us know your availablity. We are trading volunteer hours for workshop hours.

      Seating Availability...
      Platinum seats are sold out! Gold, Silver & Bronze seats available.
      After selling out our room block, the Marriott Renaissance graciously agreed to give us more rooms at the $89.00 rate. Call 1-800-228-9290 for reservations.

      Latest News...
      Miramax Films in Hollywood just announced a special promotion for the Michigan Classic Dance Championships that includes souvenir items (CD soundtracks, T-shirts, Posters) from their upcoming movie, "Shall We Dance", starring Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez. They will be given out as prizes at the event.  Miramax will be also running movie trailers on a special video monitor across from the Registration Area.

      Welcome All Kids...
      All kids between the ages of 6 and 16 who are accompanied by a parent or guardian will eligible for a 3-day Weekend Pass (excluding Saturday Dinner) for just $15. Special dance workshops will also be taught for kids by Lacey Schwimmer and Jared Murillo.

      It all happens on Fourth of July Weekend at the General Motors Global Center -- the tallest hotel in America -- on the banks of the Detroit River.
      Wanna see it? Wanna experience it?
      Gotta buy a ticket!  Here's how!

      615.242.2674

      Visit our website for photos, video clips, schedules, workshop info, hotel info, competition forms, and previews!

      http://www.michiganclassic.com/hotel.htm  Thanks and see you in Detroit on July 4th Weekend!

                                  Phillip & Louise
                                  Dance America Productions!
                                  2515 Nolensville RD
                                  Nashville, TN 37211
                                  615-242-2674

      This is an email update from Dance America Productions. You have received this message as a registered subscriber. If for any reason you would prefer not to receive our emails, you can unsubscribe by typing "remove" in the subject line and replying to this email.