Snowy days and pipes on the way to work

  • Jud Cole
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
      A nice bowl of Roll Cake certainly helped the commute this AM. Anybody
      else helped that way on these snowy days?
      Jud
    • Randy Weiser
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
        --- Jud Cole <campbellajc@...> wrote:

        > A nice bowl of Roll Cake certainly helped the
        > commute this AM. Anybody
        > else helped that way on these snowy days?
        > Jud
        Don't know about that one, Jud, but a nice bowl or two
        of the special blend #4 from Maisson Edwards in Ann
        Arbor last night helped me enjoy the snow from the
        safety and warmth of my house!!! <g>
        (Come to think about it...maybe I'll do that tonight,
        too - it's still snowing!) LOL!!
        Happy puffing!
        Randy

        =====
        "When you're up to your ass in alligators,
        it's hard to remember that your original purpose was to clear the swamp!"

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • meerorbriar
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
          A nice bowl of Balkan Sobranie original for me.

          Happy puffin'
          Meer

          --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, "Jud Cole"
          <campbellajc@y...> wrote:

          > A nice bowl of Roll Cake certainly helped the commute this AM.
          Anybody
          > else helped that way on these snowy days?
          > Jud
        • Jud Cole
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
            I swoon.
            Jud
            --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, "meerorbriar"
            <meerorbriar@y...> wrote:

            > A nice bowl of Balkan Sobranie original for me.
            >
            > Happy puffin'
            > Meer
            >
            > --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, "Jud Cole"
            > <campbellajc@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > A nice bowl of Roll Cake certainly helped the commute this AM.
            > Anybody
            > > else helped that way on these snowy days?
            > > Jud
          • uisqebaugh
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2005
              Every day, I'm helped by a bowlful of tobacco to and from work. I drive
              with my left hand, since that is what controls the turn signals anyways,
              and smoke with my right hand. If I'm smoking a Grabow (my preferred
              driving pipe, since I don't feel builty if I chomp on the bit), I just
              hold the damned thing clenched in my teeth.

              Jud Cole wrote:

              > A nice bowl of Roll Cake certainly helped the commute this AM. Anybody
              > else helped that way on these snowy days?
              > Jud

            • John Rich
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2005
                Sounds about like the way I get through my commutes. Always have a pipe
                going... well, unless I got up really late, then I usually have an egg
                mcmuffin in the mouth. ;)

                Snow - we did get some the other day. A bit of a dusting, but it was gone
                by 10. (sorry)

                Say, uisqebaugh, didn't I see you just join one of the fountain pen
                groups?? I've been accumulating fountain pens since '96. Mostly some good
                old ('40's era) Pelikans from Germany. Great pens. Shoot me an email with
                your addy if you want to make use of those pens.

                Best,
                JohnR

                At 07:29 PM 3/5/05, uisqebaugh <uisqebaugh@...> wrote:

                >Every day, I'm helped by a bowlful of tobacco to and from work. I drive
                >with my left hand, since that is what controls the turn signals anyways,
                >and smoke with my right hand. If I'm smoking a Grabow (my preferred
                >driving pipe, since I don't feel builty if I chomp on the bit), I just
                >hold the damned thing clenched in my teeth.
                >
                >Jud Cole wrote:
                >

                > > A nice bowl of Roll Cake certainly helped the commute this AM. Anybody
                > > else helped that way on these snowy days?
                > > Jud

                John Rich
                Knoxville, TN
                johnrich21@...
                www.johnspipesandpens.com
                www.knoxpipesmokers.org
              • Jud Cole
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 6, 2005
                  Yeah, the pipe is an important part of the routine. Since I can't
                  smoke in the house, the car is my refuge in the winter time.
                  Yesterday, though, I did get two bowls outside...
                  Jud
                  --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, John Rich <johnrich21@c...> wrote:
                  > Sounds about like the way I get through my commutes. Always have a
                  pipe
                  > going... well, unless I got up really late, then I usually have an egg
                  > mcmuffin in the mouth. ;)
                  >
                  > Snow - we did get some the other day. A bit of a dusting, but it
                  was gone
                  > by 10. (sorry)
                  >
                  > Say, uisqebaugh, didn't I see you just join one of the fountain pen
                  > groups?? I've been accumulating fountain pens since '96. Mostly
                  some good
                  > old ('40's era) Pelikans from Germany. Great pens. Shoot me an
                  email with
                  > your addy if you want to make use of those pens.
                  >
                  > Best,
                  > JohnR
                  >
                  > At 07:29 PM 3/5/05, uisqebaugh <uisqebaugh@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > >Every day, I'm helped by a bowlful of tobacco to and from work. I drive
                  > >with my left hand, since that is what controls the turn signals
                  anyways,
                  > >and smoke with my right hand. If I'm smoking a Grabow (my preferred
                  > >driving pipe, since I don't feel builty if I chomp on the bit), I just
                  > >hold the damned thing clenched in my teeth.
                  > >
                  > >Jud Cole wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > A nice bowl of Roll Cake certainly helped the commute this AM.
                  Anybody
                  > > > else helped that way on these snowy days?
                  > > > Jud
                  >
                  > John Rich
                  > Knoxville, TN
                  > johnrich21@c...
                  > www.johnspipesandpens.com
                  > www.knoxpipesmokers.org
                • meerorbriar
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 6, 2005
                    Snow is starting to melt, and saw my first robin today, hope for
                    spring is restored! I tried a parfait of Deep Hollow and Jack's
                    Mangy Dog (the indecision of a woman) Tasted very yummy. I think I
                    may mix a concoction of these and let them meld to see what
                    happens :-)

                    <campbellajc@y...> wrote:

                    > Yeah, the pipe is an important part of the routine. Since I can't
                    > smoke in the house, the car is my refuge in the winter time.
                    > Yesterday, though, I did get two bowls outside...
                    > Jud
                    > --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, John Rich
                    <johnrich21@c...> wrote:
                    > > Sounds about like the way I get through my commutes. Always
                    have a
                    > pipe
                    > > going... well, unless I got up really late, then I usually have
                    an egg
                    > > mcmuffin in the mouth. ;)
                    > >
                    > > Snow - we did get some the other day. A bit of a dusting, but it
                    > was gone
                    > > by 10. (sorry)
                    > >
                    > > Say, uisqebaugh, didn't I see you just join one of the fountain
                    pen
                    > > groups?? I've been accumulating fountain pens since '96. Mostly
                    > some good
                    > > old ('40's era) Pelikans from Germany. Great pens. Shoot me an
                    > email with
                    > > your addy if you want to make use of those pens.
                    > >
                    > > Best,
                    > > JohnR
                    > >
                    > > At 07:29 PM 3/5/05, uisqebaugh <uisqebaugh@y...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > >Every day, I'm helped by a bowlful of tobacco to and from work.
                    I drive
                    > > >with my left hand, since that is what controls the turn signals
                    > anyways,
                    > > >and smoke with my right hand. If I'm smoking a Grabow (my
                    preferred
                    > > >driving pipe, since I don't feel builty if I chomp on the bit),
                    I just
                    > > >hold the damned thing clenched in my teeth.

                    AM.
                    > Anybody
                    > >
                    > > John Rich
                    > > Knoxville, TN
                    > > johnrich21@c...
                    > > www.johnspipesandpens.com
                    > > www.knoxpipesmokers.org
                  • Randy Weiser
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 8, 2005
                      I think that with all the anti-smoking laws going on, that's about the ONLY place we pipe-smokers can have to ourselves!!!
                      I'm lucky, though - I'm staying with my mother right now, who smokes, so smoking in the house is not a problem.
                      I tend to smoke more when I've either had a bad day, or when a REALLY good movie comes on...especially one which features pipe-smoking, like LOTR!!
                      (That reminds me...I haven't watched them in a while...hmmm...hope I have enough tobacco for all three movies!!!)
                      Randy

                      Jud Cole <campbellajc@...> wrote:

                      Yeah, the pipe is an important part of the routine. Since I can't
                      smoke in the house, the car is my refuge in the winter time.
                      Yesterday, though, I did get two bowls outside...
                      Jud
                      --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, John Rich <johnrich21@c...> wrote:
                      > Sounds about like the way I get through my commutes. Always have a
                      pipe
                      > going... well, unless I got up really late, then I usually have an egg
                      > mcmuffin in the mouth. ;)
                      >
                      > Snow - we did get some the other day. A bit of a dusting, but it
                      was gone
                      > by 10. (sorry)
                      >
                      > Say, uisqebaugh, didn't I see you just join one of the fountain pen
                      > groups?? I've been accumulating fountain pens since '96. Mostly
                      some good
                      > old ('40's era) Pelikans from Germany. Great pens. Shoot me an
                      email with
                      > your addy if you want to make use of those pens.
                      >
                      > Best,
                      > JohnR
                      >
                      > At 07:29 PM 3/5/05, uisqebaugh <uisqebaugh@y...> wrote:
                      >
                      > >Every day, I'm helped by a bowlful of tobacco to and from work. I drive
                      > >with my left hand, since that is what controls the turn signals
                      anyways,
                      > >and smoke with my right hand. If I'm smoking a Grabow (my preferred
                      > >driving pipe, since I don't feel builty if I chomp on the bit), I just
                      > >hold the damned thing clenched in my teeth.
                      > >
                      > >Jud Cole wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > A nice bowl of Roll Cake certainly helped the commute this AM.
                      Anybody
                      > > > else helped that way on these snowy days?
                      > > > Jud
                      >
                      > John Rich
                      > Knoxville, TN
                      > johnrich21@c...
                      > www.johnspipesandpens.com
                      > www.knoxpipesmokers.org

                      This list is for pipe smokers in the state of Michigan who are looking for a place to smoke, or a place to purchase Pipes, Tobaccos, and related supplies. Also to talk about tobacco, pipes and to ask questions

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT