get-together

  • skohn
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
      So...how did it go?
      Shel

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • meerorbriar
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hi all! We had a nice get together in East Lansing. We had nine
        pipesmokers from different areas of the state including a couple
        that came up from TN. Lunch at beggars banquet, talked pipes and
        sampled tobaccos. After our meal five of us continued around the
        corner to Campbell's Tobacco Shop. They had a nice pipe selection
        including Savinelli's Wiley's, Chacom and more. There was a nice
        little billiard meer that was calling my name (and it followed me
        home!) They had some tins of GL Pease, C&D, and McClelland, along
        with their house blends. Service was polite and friendly, if you're
        ever in East Lansing definitely a nice shop to stop in. After the
        shop, three of us decided to have icecream. It was a great day and
        great to meet some of the people from the board.

        I'm already looking forward to the next one!

        Happy puffin'

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
          Glad it went well.
          Shel
          --- meerorbriar <meerorbriar@...> wrote:

          > Hi all! We had a nice get together in East Lansing.
          <snip>

          http://messenger.yahoo.com
        • Jud Cole
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
            You had a chance to tap either of your new blends, Meer - or try that
            new pipe? After perusing their list/mail order info, I know there's
            another house blend I intend to try when I take my youngest up at the
            end of the month.
            Jud
            --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, skohn <shelbk28@y...> wrote:
            > Glad it went well.
            > Shel
            > --- meerorbriar <meerorbriar@y...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi all! We had a nice get together in East Lansing.
            > <snip>

            > Y! Messenger - Communicate in real time. Download now.
            > http://messenger.yahoo.com
          • meerorbriar
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
              Not yet, Jud, still making it through all the loot from Milwaukee ;-
              ) I'm thinking the sample of blend 18 does sound nice in that meer
              about now, maybe I'll just go and find some place quiet to kickback
              and relax for a few.

              Happy puffin'
              Meer

              --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, "Jud Cole"
              <campbellajc@y...> wrote:
              > You had a chance to tap either of your new blends, Meer - or try
              that
              > new pipe? After perusing their list/mail order info, I know there's
              > another house blend I intend to try when I take my youngest up at
              the
              > end of the month.
              > Jud
              > --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, skohn <shelbk28@y...>
              wrote:
              > > Glad it went well.
              > > Shel
              > > --- meerorbriar <meerorbriar@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Hi all! We had a nice get together in East Lansing.
              > > <snip>
            • Raymond Charlong Jr.
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
                Glad to hear the get together went well!
                Maybe I can join you all the next time around job & hours permitting.

                Ray

                <campbellajc@y...> wrote:
                > You had a chance to tap either of your new blends, Meer - or try
                that
                > new pipe? After perusing their list/mail order info, I know there's
                > another house blend I intend to try when I take my youngest up at
                the
                > end of the month.
                > Jud
                > --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, skohn <shelbk28@y...>
                wrote:
                > > Glad it went well.
                > > Shel
                > > --- meerorbriar <meerorbriar@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > > Hi all! We had a nice get together in East Lansing.
                > > <snip>

                This list is for pipe smokers in the state of Michigan who are looking for a place to smoke, or a place to purchase Pipes, Tobaccos, and related supplies. Also to talk about tobacco, pipes and to ask questions

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Jud Cole
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 3, 2004
                  Hope so, Ray - looking forward for a chance to meet FtF, as they say.
                  I always enjoy your posts on PS2. Maybe we should try for a meet in
                  Flint, and got to Paul's.
                  Jud
                  --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, "Raymond Charlong Jr."