Re: [mi-pipe-smokers] Re: Greetings, fellow Michiganders!

  • uisqebaugh
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
      Michael would say 965. I would say burley. LOL

      meerorbriar wrote:

      >Welcome Gene,
      >
      >It's nice to see you here. I just received my 3rd churchwarden in
      >the mail last night. I don't know what I want to break it in with
      >yet. So many tobacco's so little time.
      >
      >Happy puffin'
      >Meer

    • meerorbriar
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
        Believe it or not, I still haven't started the break in of that
        pipe. Burley may not be a bad choice since one churchwarden has
        aromatics, and the other has been Va/Perique. Maybe some Old Joe
        Krantz. Decisions, decisions! - LOL!

        Happy puffin'
        Meer

        --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, uisqebaugh <uisqebaugh@y...>
        wrote:
        > Michael would say 965. I would say burley. LOL
        >
        > meerorbriar wrote:
        >
        > >Welcome Gene,
        > >
        > >It's nice to see you here. I just received my 3rd churchwarden
        in
        > >the mail last night. I don't know what I want to break it in
        with
        > >yet. So many tobacco's so little time.
        > >
        > >Happy puffin'
        > >Meer

      • Raymond Charlong Jr.
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
          Hi Meer,

          Just wanted to drop a line and let you know that I am back as a member in the group!
          Had a problem with my puter and lost a lot of info including my membership in all of
          my Yahoo groups. But thanks to hi-tech marvels walla I'm back. Boy it's good
          to be home again !!!!!!

          Kind regards to all,
          Ray 'goeezy"

          wrote:
          > Michael would say 965. I would say burley. LOL
          >
          > meerorbriar wrote:
          >
          > >Welcome Gene,
          > >
          > >It's nice to see you here. I just received my 3rd churchwarden
          in
          > >the mail last night. I don't know what I want to break it in
          with
          > >yet. So many tobacco's so little time.
          > >
          > >Happy puffin'
          > >Meer

          This list is for pipe smokers in the state of Michigan who are looking for a place to smoke, or a place to purchase Pipes, Tobaccos, and related supplies. Also to talk about tobacco, pipes and to ask questions

        • meerorbriar
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
            Hey Ray!

            Glad you made it back. I made it to JR Cigar this weekend and
            bought several tins to try, one being Marlin Flake. I've got some
            other things I'm finishing up before opening a new tin.

            Happy puffin'
            Meer

            --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, "Raymond Charlong Jr."
            <rcharlong@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Meer,
            >
            > Just wanted to drop a line and let you know that I am back as a
            member in the group!
            > Had a problem with my puter and lost a lot of info including my
            membership in all of
            > my Yahoo groups. But thanks to hi-tech marvels walla I'm back. Boy
            it's good
            > to be home again !!!!!!
            >
            > Kind regards to all,
            > Ray 'goeezy"
            >

            > meerorbriar <meerorbriar@y...> wrote:
            > Believe it or not, I still haven't started the break in of that
            > pipe. Burley may not be a bad choice since one churchwarden has
            > aromatics, and the other has been Va/Perique. Maybe some Old Joe
            > Krantz. Decisions, decisions! - LOL!
            >
            > Happy puffin'
            > Meer
            >
            > --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, uisqebaugh
            <uisqebaugh@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > Michael would say 965. I would say burley. LOL
            > >
            > > meerorbriar wrote:
            > >
            > > >Welcome Gene,
            > > >
            > > >It's nice to see you here. I just received my 3rd churchwarden
            > in
            > > >the mail last night. I don't know what I want to break it in
            > with
            > > >yet. So many tobacco's so little time.
            > > >
            > > >Happy puffin'
            > > >Meer
            > > >

            > This list is for pipe smokers in the state of Michigan who are
            looking for a place to smoke, or a place to purchase Pipes,
            Tobaccos, and related supplies. Also to talk about tobacco, pipes
            and to ask questions

            Service.

          • goeezy
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
              Hi Meer,

              Thank's for the note!!
              Glad to hear you made it to JR Cigar.
              I haven't been there for some time but I always enjoy
              dropping in to see Mary and the guys.

              I was turned on to Marlin Flake by our good friend
              Rick O. when he sent me a few samples. Marlin Flake is
              a nice straight forward Virginia with a sweet flavor and
              a clean room note. I think you will like it!!

              When you visited JR did they have a decent selection of
              tinned pipe tobacco?

              Glad to be back,
              Ray

              Hey Ray!

              > Glad you made it back. I made it to JR Cigar this weekend and
              > bought several tins to try, one being Marlin Flake. I've got some
              > other things I'm finishing up before opening a new tin.
              >
              > Happy puffin'
              > Meer

            • Rick Olszewski
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
                You'll like Marlin Flake, also I'll suggest Brown Clunee, Old Gowrie, Hal o
                the Wynd

                <rcharlong@y...> wrote:
                > Hi Meer,
                >
                > Just wanted to drop a line and let you know that I am back as a
                member in the group!
                > Had a problem with my puter and lost a lot of info including my
                membership in all of
                > my Yahoo groups. But thanks to hi-tech marvels walla I'm back. Boy
                it's good
                > to be home again !!!!!!
                >
                > Kind regards to all,
                > Ray 'goeezy"
                >

                > meerorbriar <meerorbriar@y...> wrote:
                > Believe it or not, I still haven't started the break in of that
                > pipe. Burley may not be a bad choice since one churchwarden has
                > aromatics, and the other has been Va/Perique. Maybe some Old Joe
                > Krantz. Decisions, decisions! - LOL!
                >
                > Happy puffin'
                > Meer
                >
                > --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, uisqebaugh
                <uisqebaugh@y...>
                > wrote:
                > > Michael would say 965. I would say burley. LOL
                > >
                > > meerorbriar wrote:
                > >
                > > >Welcome Gene,
                > > >
                > > >It's nice to see you here. I just received my 3rd churchwarden
                > in
                > > >the mail last night. I don't know what I want to break it in
                > with
                > > >yet. So many tobacco's so little time.
                > > >
                > > >Happy puffin'
                > > >Meer
                > > >

                > This list is for pipe smokers in the state of Michigan who are
                looking for a place to smoke, or a place to purchase Pipes,
                Tobaccos, and related supplies. Also to talk about tobacco, pipes
                and to ask questions

                Service.

                This list is for pipe smokers in the state of Michigan who are looking for a
                place to smoke, or a place to purchase Pipes, Tobaccos, and related
                supplies. Also to talk about tobacco, pipes and to ask questions

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ckhhj6i/M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egroup
                web/S=1705139314:HM/EXP=1078248963/A=2019528/R=2/SIG=141r79q2m/*http://ad.do
                ubleclick.net/jump/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.27;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;cod
                e=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=1078162563256444?> Click HereClick Here

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egroupweb
                /S=:HM/A=2019528/rand=145417578>

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              • meerorbriar
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
                  Hi Ray,

                  Jud was the one who posted that JR had just gotten some new
                  selection in, that's what set me wandering. I really had a time
                  limiting myself to what I bought! (FMOTB, FVF, Marlin Flake, Deep
                  Hollow) There were all sorts of other things that I see in the posts
                  on PS2 and Stokers Haven and haven't tried yet, but this isn't a
                  race, its a journey and I'm just glad I'm along for the ride <vbg>

                  Happy puffin'
                  Meer

                  --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, "goeezy" <rcharlong@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > Hi Meer,
                  >
                  > Thank's for the note!!
                  > Glad to hear you made it to JR Cigar.
                  > I haven't been there for some time but I always enjoy
                  > dropping in to see Mary and the guys.
                  >
                  > I was turned on to Marlin Flake by our good friend
                  > Rick O. when he sent me a few samples. Marlin Flake is
                  > a nice straight forward Virginia with a sweet flavor and
                  > a clean room note. I think you will like it!!
                  >
                  > When you visited JR did they have a decent selection of
                  > tinned pipe tobacco?
                  >
                  > Glad to be back,
                  > Ray
                  >

                  > Hey Ray!
                  > >
                  > > Glad you made it back. I made it to JR Cigar this weekend and
                  > > bought several tins to try, one being Marlin Flake. I've got
                  some
                  > > other things I'm finishing up before opening a new tin.
                  > >
                  > > Happy puffin'
                  > > Meer

                • John Rich
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
                    Just wait til you have a chance to try some Marlin Flake that has a year or
                    more of age to it. I liked it when I first bought it. Got 4 or 5 tins and
                    stored most of them for a year. The aged stuff... wow!! I didn't buy into
                    the aging story until then. Its GREAT!

                    Best,
                    John

                    At 05:47 PM 3/1/04 +0000, you wrote:
                    >Hi Meer,
                    >
                    >Thank's for the note!!
                    >Glad to hear you made it to JR Cigar.
                    >I haven't been there for some time but I always enjoy
                    >dropping in to see Mary and the guys.
                    >
                    >I was turned on to Marlin Flake by our good friend
                    >Rick O. when he sent me a few samples. Marlin Flake is
                    >a nice straight forward Virginia with a sweet flavor and
                    >a clean room note. I think you will like it!!
                    >
                    >When you visited JR did they have a decent selection of
                    >tinned pipe tobacco?
                    >
                    >Glad to be back,
                    >Ray
                    >

                    >Hey Ray!
                    > >
                    > > Glad you made it back. I made it to JR Cigar this weekend and
                    > > bought several tins to try, one being Marlin Flake. I've got some
                    > > other things I'm finishing up before opening a new tin.
                    > >
                    > > Happy puffin'
                    > > Meer
                    > >

                    >This list is for pipe smokers in the state of Michigan who are looking for
                    >a place to smoke, or a place to purchase Pipes, Tobaccos, and related
                    >supplies. Also to talk about tobacco, pipes and to ask questions

                    > *
                    > <mailto:mi-pipe-smokers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>mi-pipe-smokers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    >
                    > *

                    John Rich
                    Knoxville, TN
                    johnrich21@...
                    www.johnspipesandpens.com

                  • Raymond Charlong Jr.
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
                      Hey There Meer,

                      You have the right idea !! Like my nickname says 'goeezy'
                      Nice to hear that JR has more pipe blends than the last time I was there.

                      God Bless,

                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 1, 2004
                        John,

                        Thanx for the info !! I'll have to pick up a few tins and put some time on them.

                        Regards,
                        Ray 'goeezy'

                        John Rich <johnrich21@...> wrote:
                        Just wait til you have a chance to try some Marlin Flake that has a year or
                        more of age to it. I liked it when I first bought it. Got 4 or 5 tins and
                        stored most of them for a year. The aged stuff... wow!! I didn't buy into
                        the aging story until then. Its GREAT!

                        Best,
                        John

                        At 05:47 PM 3/1/04 +0000, you wrote:
                        >Hi Meer,
                        >
                        >Thank's for the note!!
                        >Glad to hear you made it to JR Cigar.
                        >I haven't been there for some time but I always enjoy
                        >dropping in to see Mary and the guys.
                        >
                        >I was turned on to Marlin Flake by our good friend
                        >Rick O. when he sent me a few samples. Marlin Flake is
                        >a nice straight forward Virginia with a sweet flavor and
                        >a clean room note. I think you will like it!!
                        >
                        >When you visited JR did they have a decent selection of
                        >tinned pipe tobacco?
                        >
                        >Glad to be back,
                        >Ray
                        >

                        >Hey Ray!
                        > >
                        > > Glad you made it back. I made it to JR Cigar this weekend and
                        > > bought several tins to try, one being Marlin Flake. I've got some
                        > > other things I'm finishing up before opening a new tin.
                        > >
                        > > Happy puffin'
                        > > Meer
                        > >

                        >This list is for pipe smokers in the state of Michigan who are looking for
                        >a place to smoke, or a place to purchase Pipes, Tobaccos, and related
                        >supplies. Also to talk about tobacco, pipes and to ask questions

                        > *
                        > <mailto:mi-pipe-smokers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>mi-pipe-smokers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                        >
                        > *

                        John Rich
                        Knoxville, TN
                        johnrich21@...
                        www.johnspipesandpens.com

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 2, 2004
                          Hmmm, another reason to wander back to JR Cigar and pick up some
                          more 'baccy! - like I needed an excuse LOL! (Saturday wandering list
                          increases by 1)

                          Happy puffin'
                          Meer

                          --- In mi-pipe-smokers@yahoogroups.com, John Rich <johnrich21@c...>