Re: [mfa-online] Re: mm2013

  • Mike Snelson
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 12 12:21 PM
      That's a good analogy. To be honest the city is the one that suggested the vendor approval process and the lawyers were fairly instrumental in the writing of the agreement, in the way it offers Fairway Flyerz the option of first refusal. If the tournament does not want to deal with the politics of the course then we run in to a "loss" to the players? It is not up to us, as the approved vendor for SSP, to do anything until the city comes to us with an application to vend. Don't hold Fairway responsible for an action that was simply not taken.

      On another note, I applaud John for partnering with HSSA on distributing beer. It's a much more 'controlled' way of providing a safe environment for all.

      Mike

      On 6/12/2013 1:49 PM, revman wrote:
      Thanks, that makes sense.  I wonder if this would be a fair analogy-- A married couple gets divorced.  The two parties are so bitter that they end up using their children as pawns in their battle.  Then of course, it's the kids who actually suffer the most.  Of course, both sides are to blame.  In our scenerio, we know who the "divorcees" are and the children are "The Majestic" or "The players".

      I surely wouldn't argue that HSSA is a bad place to host a player party, but it has it's downfalls (as does kaposia).  As always, I'm looking forward to coming out for the final nine to see how discs are supposed to be thrown.

      dpl

      On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM, John Solberg <solbergdiscgolf@...> wrote:

      Yes, Mike has that worked into his contract with the city. It is firm and it is at his discretion.

      He has said no in the past so often, I did not ask this year.

      However, we will have an awesome time this year.

    • John Solberg
      Message 38 of 38 , Jun 12 1:03 PM
        Mike, I am not trying to nit pick but....

        To be honest the city is the one that suggested the vendor approval process and the lawyers were fairly instrumental in the writing of the agreement, in the way it offers Fairway Flyerz the option of first refusal.

        ** Like I said, its Mike's Decision and in the contract that Mike has with the city **

        I have moved on from this issue, so no worries here

        ...so it looks like Fairway FlyerZ is the ex-wife/mom...