RE: [mfa-online] How was the meeting?

  • CHRIS BRATSCH
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2009
      The December 12, 2009 EB meeting went well.  I showed up a little late and sat in the peanut gallery with Mike Snelson, Geoff George, Shannon Duren, Timmy Gill and Charlie Hutchinson also in attendance.  Two folks were also present whom I didn't know, at least one representing Air Traffic.

      First Impressions (i.e. not official meeting notes):

      1) Todd Erickson ran a tight meeting, and tried to keep all members focused on the agenda items at hand.
      2) The club appears to be in good to very good financial shape.
      3) The board members are focused on promoting the MFA and adding value to MFA membership.  Proposals were presented for corporate sponsorship with member discounts, matching funds/grants for course improvements, and membership minis with MFA # on mini.  Remember, these were only proposals.
      4) The Floater is a priority of this group.
      5)  There will be a new MFA online website in the very near future.  Think IM/chat/social networking with MST points up to date, etc.

      Timmy discussed a very exciting development.  Many of you may have heard this already at Chilly Dog, but I'll let Tim share it with this group as to not steal his THUNDER!!!   You will not be disappointed.

      I was somewhat surprised that with the exception of Overall Worlds, there was not any discussion related to other disc sports.  Only disc golf related activities were discussed during my time in attendance.

      Hope to see you all there in January.

      Chris Bratsch

      To: mfa-online@yahoogroups.com
      From: panic_bee@...
      Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:14:42 +0000
      Subject: [mfa-online] How was the meeting?

      Things got very quiet on the board. Everyone still alive?

    • Bozo-Factor
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2009
        Great 'unofficial' report from the bleachers Chris.
        Very accurate.
        Thx
        Geof George

        PS: To view my 'unofficial' report and hear my experience see: