One of our members is to be President of American Met Soc !

  • Bob McDavitt, Weather Ambassador
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2001
      Happy 2001 everyone...and here's some good news to start off the year...

      This is the item which appeared in the recent American Met Soc. (AMS)
      Newsletter:

      "Dr. Richard Rosen, vice president and chief scientist at the Research and
      Development Division of Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc., in
      Lexington, Massachusetts, has been elected President-Elect by the AMS
      membership. He will serve as President in 2002."

      Rick is also a member of the Meteorological Society of New Zealand - he was
      signed up by Dr Neil Gordon when he visited here around 1986 for the AMS
      Southern Hemisphere Meteorology meeting, and he has continued membership
      ever since.

      This is another first - a member of our Society to be elected as President
      of the AMS!

      PS: Newsletter progress...They got to the printers before Christmas, and are
      now being printed... should be out in next few weeks.

      Bob McDavitt...Newsletter editor