Meeting Reminder & GP ISD Update

  • Shelly Hattan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2000
      Metroplex Atheist Meeting Reminder

      When: Sunday, August 20, 2000
      Where: Jaycee Center for the Arts
      2000 West Airport Freeway
      Irving, TX, 75061

      It's in the park on the south side of 183. Take the exit for North
      Story Road (and loop around if you're coming from Dallas).

      Time: 1:00 pm (Note, this is a new time!)

      Lunch will be provided!!

      Discussion Agenda:

      1. Grand Prairie ISD & The Atheist Book Covers
      2. United Way & the BSA
      3. Scouting For All Protest - 8/21
      4. Cowtown RAM - 9/10

      Book Cover UPDATE:

      The letter was sent to Superintendent Barbosa early last week. Dick
      Hogan called every day asking to speak to him. On Monday, Dick called
      the school district again and was told Superintenent Barbosa was
      still unavailable. Dick's next phone call was to Channel 5's Ramona
      Logan.

      On the Tuesday Channel 5 6 o'clock news, a minute and a half segment
      ran about the book covers. Superintendent Barbosa finally called Dick
      Hogan and asked him to send a book cover to him so the ISD can
      determine if the cover meets District policy. Dick asked Barboa to
      send the policy to him so we can determine if the covers meet the
      policy. If we do meet the policy, we'll get a copy of the book covers
      to him.

      We are expecting the policy to be faxed to Dick on Wednesday morning.
      We'll try to keep you posted.

      Come to the meeting and see the Channel 5 news segment!