Last minute protest

  • Shelly Hattan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2001
      I saw a sign on one of our local huge churches advertising a Back-to-school
      Prayer Rally to be held at the Birdville ISD Athletic Complex this Sunday
      (8/5) at 7 pm.

      I called the Birdville ISD and spoke to the director of facilities.

      The prayer rally is being sponsored by a loosely organized group of 45 local
      churches calling themselves the North Richland Hills Pastors Prayer
      Fellowship. The Fellowship has contracted to use the Complex in exchange for
      paying employee salaries who service the rally at time-and-a-half. The usual
      fees are waived as they fees can be covered by the revenue generated by the
      school concession stand.

      The school policy, according to the director, is to allow the community use
      of school facilities and they can not discriminate based on religion, etc. .
      .

      This is the same type of policy which allows religious groups to host the
      National Day of Prayer on public property. Thus, a protest is in order!
      Please email me if you are interested in joining us this Sunday to help
      protest this event.

      Sincerely,
      Shelly