Ear Plug Project: Step 1

  • Mike Holden
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      Back at the end of January, I posted something about wanting to have an
      ArlingtonMusicScene.com logo developed, put it on items like t-shirts and
      then sell them to raise money to supply local bars and clubs with free ears
      plugs, the way Iota does for their patrons.

      Here's a link to the original post:

      I thought I'd post an update to let everyone know that I've begun to move
      forward with that idea. I have a few options for logos and just need to pick
      one. And I ran the idea by Steve at Iota, who told me he thinks you can have
      the ear plugs made with custom packaging. That would allow us to put our
      logo on the package and spread the word more about this list, while doing
      something for the community. Tonight, I'm finally faxing in the form to join
      the Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts (WALA). A couple people suggested I
      join and I can work with them to register the logo and to make sure the
      incoming money is handled properly, which might require filing for
      non-profit status.

      So that's the update. Like many things, this project is taking longer than
      expected, but it's moving forward. I have some other ideas, involving
      non-profit status and some other things we can do to promote the scene, that
      I plan to get started on soon. I'll keep you all posted. I'm headed out of
      town Wednesday to play some shows down south, but I'll be back on April 9. I
      will see you all sometime after I get back.

      Mike

      =====
      http://mikeholdenmusic.com
      http://arlingtonmusicscene.com
    • Michael Morris
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
        Does anyone know a cello player (cellist?) in the area
        that would be interested in recording a small part for
        a rock band? The part is small and already arranged,
        it just needs to be played and recorded. It would
        take about 30 minutes of their time. We couldn't pay
        them.. so they'd have to be motivated by the idea that
        they are greatly helping out some fellow local
        musicians!

        Thanks,
        Mike

        http://platinum.yahoo.com