Library of Congress Mike Johnson collection

  • BlackYodelNo1@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2013

         On 7 January 2013 the Library of Congress Performing Arts Reading Room acquired "I Just Wanted To Be A Songwriter, a Mike Johnson Music Anthology" for its growing Mike Johnson collection. Janet McKee [right] started the ball rolling back in 2007 when she acquired 114 of Johnson's yodeling songs for the Recorded Sound Reference Center.
         This 390 page visual presentation features nearly everything to date [except on the internet] that has been printed, published, produced, and distributed by and about Mike Johnson and his music. Loaded with scanned images and details of Johnson's 45 rpms, cassettes, cds, flyers and posters sandwiched between awards, certificates, radio play-lists, they pave the way to 274 pages of articles, contributions, and music reviews. A PDF-on-Disc version is also available.
         For the serious collector of the works of independent country music singer-songwriters, and a fine testament to the fact that you don't have to be a major label artist to be an active, appreciated, contributor to the music world.
      Joe Arnold, Roughshod Records