Reminder: CoS and Steam Theory this Saturday!

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      Join us for beer, munchies and music at the ArtSpace!

      Saturday July 2, at 8:00 PM, the Society of Art Rock (SOAR) presents the complex
      instrumental music of two very different bands, that share the same drummer, in
      concert at ArtSpace Herndon (artspaceherndon.com).

      Circus of Saints is the name used by a variety of musicians based in New York,
      Maryland, Virginia and Florida that write, record and perform simple and complex
      songs meant to spread the joy of improvisation. Truthfully, we never know which
      version of the band will show up to play; however our best guess is a line up
      consisting of Billy Sokol playing piccolo fretless bass, Nick Costa on drums,
      Murad Hussain playing alto saxaphone. They describe
      their sound as "like a damn good backup band for a fairly famous soul/R&B/blues
      singer, except that it's our night off and we're playing tunes we wrote late one
      night, after the paying gig wrapped up, at a diner while eating pie of some
      sort." If you are as confused as we are, you can seek further information on
      their web site at http://www.circusofsaints.com

      Steam Theory is a Baltimore based original instrumental progressive rock group.
      Formed in 2008, the group consists of Jason Denkevitz on Guitar, Guitar
      Synthesizer, and Looper; Keith Misemer on Electric Bass; and Nick Costa on Drums
      and Percussion. Their style of music varies from jazz-fusion influenced numbers,
      to heavier classic/progressive rock songs mixing elements of blues and world
      music. Sample songs and video can be seen at www.Steamtheory.com.

      This All Ages show will be held at: ArtSpace Herndon, 750 Center St, Herndon,
      VA.
      Saturday July 2 at 8:00 PM

      Tickets: $10 available at the door.