New Music Camp for Children by We R Indie nonprofit

  • VickiB
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 9:29 AM
      Have you got children between the ages of 9 and 17 that like to camp and also love music? Here is a great opportunity for them to enjoy both. Back To Nature Music Camp located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia is a brand new music camp produced by We R Indie nonprofit as part of their IndieKIDZ programs in music education. We have partnered with Jonica Gap Campground in Mineral Bluff, GA, a top notch wilderness setting Grade A facility, to have two camp sessions this summer. June 21 to July 2 for girls and July 12 to 23 for boys. This facility is located close to the North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee borders.

      We supply the heavy duty tents set up on 12' x 12' wooden platforms and will bunk 3 children per tent. Your child will get three healthy meals a day plus snacks and beverages, along with 12 days of music lessons in guitar, banjo, bass, fiddle, violin, mandolin, keyboards, drums, voice and songwriting. At the end of each camp session (Saturday afternoon) we will have a "Grand Show" where family and friends can watch the children perform what they learned at camp. Our instructors are all professional singer songwriters and musicians and all have teaching experience with children. We will also show the children how to live green, recycle, and make compost pits and respect their environment and the importance of a healthy well balanced diet. Some of the vegetables and herbs we will use in our meal preparation are actually grown on site.

      Our recent fund raising efforts with concert benefits and private donations have allowed us to drop the normal rate of $800 to attend to only $300. Deadline to register your child is April 28. Visit http://werindie.org/kidz.html for full details. To read about our instructors, and to download registration and camper personal information forms to get your child enrolled today. Limit of 50 children per session.

      We R Indie, Inc.
      Indiegrrl
      IndieKIDZ
      107 Maple St.