The Flood DC: New DC area webzine

  • ikmacgregor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2006
      http://www.theflooddc.blogspot.com/

      This site is done in magazine format and each isssue will only be a 5
      to 10 minute read. It's sole purpose is to feature bands and their
      music. Right now i'm just picking bands i like but would love to get
      some ideas from anybody out there!

      ~Ian
    • Mike Holden
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
        Cool! There's another fairly new magazine called Mudsugar that went
        online a couple months ago. You should check them out too if you
        haven't already. I put something on the MetroMusicScene blog about
        that a little while back. I'll put something up about The Flood too. I
        like that more and more music blogs are popping up around town. I'm
        hoping to see more Podcasts get started around town too. Is anybody
        else thinking of getting something like that going?

        Mike
        ---
        http://www.mikeholdenmusic.com

        --- In metromusicscene@yahoogroups.com, "ikmacgregor" <ian@2...> wrote:

        > http://www.theflooddc.blogspot.com/
        >
        > This site is done in magazine format and each isssue will only be a 5
        > to 10 minute read. It's sole purpose is to feature bands and their
        > music. Right now i'm just picking bands i like but would love to get
        > some ideas from anybody out there!
        >
        > ~Ian

      • Chris (Full Minute of Mercury)
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
          Hello all,

          I'm not sure if anyone caught the blurb on us in the Washington Post Sunday
          Source this week (in which we were described as looking like the cast of
          "Dawson's Creek" - huh?), but there was a mis-print. We are playing IOTA this
          THURSDAY, not Friday. Below are the details:

          THURSDAY, January 5, 2006
          @ IOTA
          http://www.iotaclubandcafe.com
          2832 Wilson Blvd.
          Arlington, VA
          $10, 21+, 9pm
          w/ Chrysalis and Run Silent Run Deep
          We headline.

          This is our first time at IOTA and we could really use your support on
          this one.
          If the show goes well, perhaps IOTA will do more hard rock shows.
          DON'T FORGET
          TO BRING YOUR PRESS KITS FOR MAJOR LABEL SUBMISSION!!!

          We will be the featured band on Jenni Chase's "Capital Scene" show on Z-104
          (104.1) this Sunday, at 9pm. Check it out.

          And last but not least, we just got added to the Naked Beggars show
          next Friday,
          January 13th @ Jaxx. Naked Beggars are a female fronted 80s rock
          inspired band
          featuring two of the dudes from Cinderella! Rock! Tickets are $10 and
          you can
          get them from us in advance. The show is ALL AGES. More on that next week.

          Hope to see some of you out in the next two weeks!

          Chris
          http://www.fullminute.com
          http://www.myspace.com/fullminute
        • Chris (Full Minute of Mercury)
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
            So, as some of you may have heard by now, Z-104 is no more. The entire staff
            was fired this morning and they switched formats to classical. Yet another
            station that supports local music gone.

            Needless to say, the Full Minute of Mercury in-studio interview/acoustic
            performance is cancelled.

            For more, visit http://www.dcist.com

            -Chris

            IOTA TOMORROW!
          • Brett McCoy
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
              Chris (Full Minute of Mercury) wrote:
              > So, as some of you may have heard by now, Z-104 is no more. The entire staff
              > was fired this morning and they switched formats to classical. Yet another
              > station that supports local music gone.
              >
              > Needless to say, the Full Minute of Mercury in-studio interview/acoustic
              > performance is cancelled.

              Wow... I was wondering why when I tuned into WGMS a little while ago
              (103.5) I got WTOP... a bunch of stations have shifted around.

              Sorry to hear Z104 is gone.
            • Brian Friedman
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
                Message
                Wow - what a bunch of assholes.  Seriously - who just fires their entire staff with no warning?  I don't care if you're changing formats just give people some time!  Let them know before Christmas not to go too overboard because after the new year they'll be job hunting...

                Seriously what an asshole move.  I mean, yeah it sucks to lose support for local music but I really feel for the staff...

                Rockwell Jones

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
                  Just terrible.
                  It was nice to have more than one local music show in the area and now we
                  are down to one. Guess its better than nothing.
                  It was great working with Z104 and all of the good folks that helped us out
                  along the way.
                  RIP Z104.
                  Jeff Essex
                  Drummer for JunkFood