BOP 'N' BOWL

  • '52 Pickup
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
      Hello Music Fans:
      The temperature has dropped below 90...there's wet wind-driven stuff comin'
      down outta the sky...could it be another summer season is wending its way
      into sad reminiscence?
      NO! Not yet! Please no! Saturday, September 7, is the next Bop 'n' Bowl!
      Yes! A chance to kick groovin' summer on into another week!
      This very coming Saturday it's gonna be a 'stremely cool bill, consisting of
      roots-rock monsters, the Grandsons www.grandsons.com plus the
      pirogue-pushin' ped-propulsin' Cajun band Squeeze Bayou
      www.squeezebayou.com Oooh, cher!
      And guess who else? '52 Pickup! Can't get rid of us! We just love this
      gig!
      Here's the cold hard facts:
      Bop 'n' Bowl
      at the Falls Church Duckpin Bowling Lanes
      400 South Maple Street (NOT Bowl America!) down-by-God-town Falls Church, VA
      8 pm until 1 am
      $12.00 admission covers all three bands and bowling
      DJ Frank on hand spinnin' the coolest discs whenever live folks are not
      strummin' guitars or vocalising!
      Snack bar on premises with food and BEER!
      Plenty of dancing room, plenty of parking!
      Call 703-847-5984 if you are yet perplexed!

    • '52 Pickup
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31, 2003
        Hello Bop 'n' Bowl fans:
        Well, there's good news and bad news...
        Bad news first! In case you had heard of this show previously, let us clue
        you in that the Bill Kirchen/Cigarbox Planetarium/'52 Pickup Bop 'n' Bowl
        originally scheduled for this Saturday, September 6 is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
        CANCELLED!
        Sorry, but the alley management, in their infinite wisdom, decided to close
        the lanes for the first two weeks of Sepember!
        The GOOD news is that the latest proposal by the big money interests to
        demolish the historic duckpin sanctuary to make way for luxury condos has
        been sent packing by the Falls Church City Council! Wow! This is how
        government is supposed to work! The City Council, for at least the second
        time in a row, is more concerned with the public good than money! So the
        duckpin lanes keep rollin' on for the time being! Read the laughably-biased
        pro-development coverage by the Falls Church News Press here:
        http://www.fcnp.com/
        As regards the next opportunity for you to unleash your pent-up hostilities
        on the li'l duckpins while listening to great live music, LAST TRAIN HOME
        returns Saturday, October 4, with other bands yet to be announced! '52
        Pickup, maybe?
        We have a great Fall lineup in the works! Glim what's cookin' at
        www.52-pickup.com !
        In other '52 Pickup news, the next phase of our plan for world domination
        takes place in Baltimore!
        First we perform in Charm City's MOST charming neighborhood, Hampden, at
        HampdenFest, Saturday, September 20! Check
        http://www.hampdenmerchants.com/hampden/hampdenfest2003_pr.htm
        The very next week '52 Pickup rocks Roots Cafe with our DC pals Rockin'
        Bones and Squeeze Bayou! If you haven't been to Roots Cafe, you owe it to
        yourself to go...here's the info: http://www.rootscafe.org/
        More details on this program will be profferred as the appointed time
        approaches...or call 703-847-5984 if you just GOTTA know everything right
        now!