SaveSingleFrames = bright

  • sirko@molau.de
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2012
      Folks,

      last Saturday I could successfully use the new SaveSingleFrames = bright
      option for the first time. My camera Remo1 west of Berlin recorded a
      nice fireball on Nov 3, 04:55:01 UT, but the detection was quit early
      because of the extended brightness, and so the meteor band was
      incomplete. However, just as designed MetRec saved all single frames
      form the event, which enabled me to create a nice movie from the fireball.

      See http://www.molau.de/temp/045501.gif (13 MB) or
      http://www.molau.de/temp/045501.wmv (3 MB).

      Note the "anti meteor" which appears at the same time and is probably
      caused by and internal reflection in the lens.

      @ Maziek: Remo1 is pointing eastward, so the fireball appeared over the
      German Polish border and was probably recorded by other PFN cameras as well.

      Best wishes,
      Sirko

      * Sirko Molau * *
      * Abenstalstr. 13b * __ *
      * D-84072 Seysdorf * " 2B v 2B " *
      * Germany * *
      * phone: +49-8752-869437 * Shakespeare *
      * email: sirko@... * *
      * www : www.molau.de * *
    • "André Knöfel"
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2012
        Here is a movie of this fireball captured with the all-sky camera of our observatory east of Berlin.

        http://youtu.be/5GBy2pqcxWo

        Best wishes

        André

        "sirko@..." <sirko@...> hat am 6. November 2012 um 23:29 geschrieben:
        > Folks,
        >
        > last Saturday I could successfully use the new SaveSingleFrames = bright
        > option for the first time. My camera Remo1 west of Berlin recorded a
        > nice fireball on Nov 3, 04:55:01 UT, but the detection was quit early
        > because of the extended brightness, and so the meteor band was
        > incomplete. However, just as designed MetRec saved all single frames
        > form the event, which enabled me to create a nice movie from the fireball.
        >
        > See http://www.molau.de/temp/045501.gif (13 MB) or
        > http://www.molau.de/temp/045501.wmv (3 MB).
        >
        > Note the "anti meteor" which appears at the same time and is probably
        > caused by and internal reflection in the lens.
        >
        > @ Maziek: Remo1 is pointing eastward, so the fireball appeared over the
        > German Polish border and was probably recorded by other PFN cameras as well.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        > Sirko
        >
        > --
        > * Sirko Molau * *
        > * Abenstalstr. 13b * __ *
        > * D-84072 Seysdorf * " 2B v 2B " *
        > * Germany * *
        > * phone: +49-8752-869437 * Shakespeare *
        > * email: sirko@... * *
        > * www : www.molau.de * *

      • maziek
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2012
          2012/11/7 sirko@... <sirko@...>

          @ Maziek: Remo1 is pointing eastward, so the fireball appeared over the
          German Polish border and was probably recorded by other PFN cameras as well.

          Until now nobody reported it (I put info on PFN list) :( . The weather was not good.

          --
          best, maziek