It's all electrical baby

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2002
      http://www.longpaddock.qld.gov.au/SeasonalClimateOutlook/SouthernOscil
      lationIndex/30DaySOIValues/

      http://psbsgi1.nesdis.noaa.gov:8080/PSB/EPS/SST/climo.html

      Interesting w/ the SOI readings from flaring recently have been neg,
      and yet even as SSTs around equatorial currents in the east Pac are
      warming anomaly, to the south and north of that anomaly they remains
      cold.

      What I am about to write is why this is absolutely the hottest place
      on climate, right here, even as political headlines today are not
      nearly as meaningful. If you can track, track, if you can see it, see
      it. If not, STFU and listen until you can write something meaningful.
      And as far as models predicting anything, like ENSO, they are all
      crap because they start with SSTs and don't see the biological or the
      electrical, especially how the biology modulates and becomes even
      more important than what the sun is doing!

      I am simply going to do an compare and contrast two graphics after
      making some assumptions. These are pictures, built on the same
      dataset for anamolies. The assumptions I will make are based on the
      well founded observations and Fleming's right hand rule. I will
      assume that Lindzen/Fu's La Nina "iris" are electrical to these rules
      that when currents and winds are sustained they induct a field that
      sustains cirrus, feedsback IR levels that in turn warm oceans and
      increases precip.

      This requires, per Fleming's rule, that the currents and winds are in
      the east to west direction for electrical enhancement, where a vector
      of electrons rises upward out of the ocean. OTOH, if the movement of
      ocean current and winds are east to west, the resulting induction
      gives a field of electrons moving into the ocean, against cirrus
      behavior being enhanced, resulting in colder SSTs, low cloud IR
      characteristics and so forth.

      The warmer a conducter as in the oceans, the better it will induct.
      Think of it this way. Imagine you had an electrical generater, and
      instead of having copper wires used for the induction, you used
      something less conductive. Result? Less power output.

      In early January 1997 assume two cooling factors on the oceans in
      general. One, we were post flaring min. While the flaring cycle is
      not significant from a radiation standpoint, less than 2% change from
      what I have read, it is electrically interesting, and enhances
      cirrus, causing as much as a 20% change in heat energy from min to
      max. Whether you agree with this as an electrical feature of flaring
      or not, it doesn't matter--observation of warming during the solar
      max is without serious contention. Two, we were post Mt. Pinatubo.
      SOx emissions from volcanoes drop the phase change temp of cirrus and
      hence reduce Gaia warming impacts. Again, whether you agree this is
      an electrical feature or not, cooling and SOx have been observed and
      go without serious dispute.

      Now, switch to early January 2002 to date. This was during, following
      a second peak of the flaring cycle. There has been a significant
      lapse since a volcanic event, and SOx emissions in the air have been
      low.

      Okay. In Jan 97 there was incredible rains to California:

      http://water.wr.usgs.gov/flood97/

      This was from what is called the Pine-apple express. Now, go back to
      the SST page:

      http://psbsgi1.nesdis.noaa.gov:8080/PSB/EPS/SST/climo.html

      Go to January 7, 1997.
      http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/PSB/EPS/SST/climo_archive/data/anomnight.1.6
      .1997.gif

      Note the La Nina conditions (low flaring, positive SOI) and the warm
      SSTs running from the Hawaiian Islands to California. Also notice
      that the Antarctica Southern Ocean's circumpolar contains warm
      anomalies (which will figure in the El Nino that is to come). The
      gyres in general at that time were colder. That means, per the rules
      and assumptions I have given above, that the west to east
      circumpolar, for instance, is going to have colder ocean temperatures
      in general, and that causes LESS induction AGAINST cirrus, counter
      intuitively WARMING SSTs. The west to east moving part of the gyres,
      especially the N. Pacific, can also be seen to move AGAINST the
      cirrus, electrically, LESS, producing the warm SSTs and then the
      storms of the Pine apple.

      Conversely, with warmer oceans, this has electrically resulted in the
      past few months that the Southern Ocean both melts glaciers and
      produces cold SSTs from the cirrus behavior. And when these warmer
      oceans get to moving west to east, as in off the coast of California,
      they reduce cirrus strongly, cool SSTs, and dry things out.
      California has received record low rainfall, consistant with this
      notion.

      It's all electrical, baby!
    • fredwx
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2002
        You said "when currents and winds are sustained they induct a field
        that sustains cirrus, feedsback IR levels that in turn warm oceans
        and increases precip.

        This requires, per Fleming's rule, that the currents and winds are in
        the east to west direction for electrical enhancement, where a vector
        of electrons rises upward out of the ocean."...

        The normal (non El Nino)flow of currents and wind in the tropics for
        the most part is from East towards the West. Are you talking about
        the normal conditions here? or did you mean West towards the East?

        --- In methanehydrateclub@y..., "pawnfart" <mike@u...> wrote:

> [...]
        temperatures
        > in general, and that causes LESS induction AGAINST cirrus, counter
        > intuitively WARMING SSTs. The west to east moving part of the
        gyres,
        > especially the N. Pacific, can also be seen to move AGAINST the
        > cirrus, electrically, LESS, producing the warm SSTs and then the
        > storms of the Pine apple.
        >
        > Conversely, with warmer oceans, this has electrically resulted in
        the
        > past few months that the Southern Ocean both melts glaciers and
        > produces cold SSTs from the cirrus behavior. And when these warmer
        > oceans get to moving west to east, as in off the coast of
        California,
        > they reduce cirrus strongly, cool SSTs, and dry things out.
        > California has received record low rainfall, consistant with this

      • fredwx
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2002
          You said "The west to east moving part of the gyres,
          especially the N. Pacific, can also be seen to move AGAINST the
          cirrus, electrically, LESS, producing the warm SSTs and then the
          storms of the Pine apple."..

          You lost me here since the currents flow from off the California
          coast towards Hawaii (from the East towards the West)??

        • fredwx
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2002
            You said "Conversely, with warmer oceans, this has electrically
            resulted in the past few months that the Southern Ocean both melts
            glaciers and produces cold SSTs from the cirrus behavior. And when
            these warmer oceans get to moving west to east, as in off the coast
            of California, they reduce cirrus strongly, cool SSTs, and dry things
            out. California has received record low rainfall, consistant with
            this notion."

            Could the warmer SST along the Antartic that are melting the ice
            cause in increase in freshwater overlying the saltwater and thus
            reducing the inflow of warmer surface currents from the north?

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2002
              You said "Conversely, with warmer oceans, this has electrically
              resulted in the past few months that the Southern Ocean both melts
              glaciers and produces cold SSTs from the cirrus behavior. And when
              these warmer oceans get to moving west to east, as in off the coast
              of California, they reduce cirrus strongly, cool SSTs, and dry things
              out. California has received record low rainfall, consistant with
              this notion."

              Could the warmer SST along the Antartic that are melting the ice
              cause in increase in freshwater overlying the saltwater and thus
              reducing the inflow of warmer surface currents from the north?

              +++

              There are two primary reasons why I doubt that the melting glaciers
              present a fresh water capping issue that "blocks" the Pacific gyre.
              This is consistant with the so-called conveyor belt theory
              popularized by Professor William Calvin of Washington University in
              Atlantic Monthly. The first reason is that the leading scholar
              pushing this theory, Dr. Warren B. White of Scripps in 1999 dropped
              his research following ENSO and all his papers were no longer
              online. Then he started to study cloud behavior in India, focusing
              on very complex cloud albedo models. In short, I think he too
              thought it was about clouds. The second reason is speed. The
              salinity wave moves very slowly if it moved just by diffusion and
              mixing. At the same time, he noted a coupling of pressures and
              salinity and temperatures, with interactions with the glacial ice,
              but like I said, he seemed unsatisfied with his own results in terms
              of explaining El Nino. The electrical explaination not only gives
              the speed required to match the SSTs, but also links temperture and
              salinity with pressures--namely because the more conductive the water
              by being warm the more cirrus are reduced down wind from there, so
              you will have these persistant alternating salty and warm and cold
              and diluted patches he describes--including the interactions with the
              ice sheets. IOW, electrical movements of cirrus explains his
              findings--poor man gave up on himself. I emailed him and urged him
              to join our yahoo group but he wasn't apparently interested or
              thought Gaia was valid.

              Another thing that has to be mentioned here. The Southern Ocean has
              some life from the "upwellings" but doesn't have river sources of
              biological materials. But if you think about, say, the N. Atlantic,
              it is the ocean with the most rivers--yet is warmer and more saline
              than the Pacific! Why? Gaia, of course. The rivers cause more
              water to be taken from the Atlantic--because of the biological
              material insulating the ocean bottoms.

              ==========

              You said "The west to east moving part of the gyres, especially the
              N. Pacific, can also be seen to move AGAINST the cirrus,
              electrically, LESS, producing the warm SSTs and then the storms of
              the Pine apple."..

              You lost me here since the currents flow from off the California
              coast towards Hawaii (from the East towards the West)??

              +++

              I would be lost too if not familiar w/ the gyres. Stommel is the big
              researcher here of import, but there is also Eichmann and others.
              One interesting scholar on this subject is none other than Ben
              Franklin, who discovered the Gulf Stream when investigating why
              English mails were coming late, and American fishermen explained it
              to him and he documented their comments. But later it was proved
              that the Gulf Steam was part of a 'gyre', meaning it had a circular
              path. That was done by Prince Ranier's grandfather, who put
              thousands of bottles out into the N. Atlantic in 10 languages with
              instructions to mail the letters inside the bottles! The bottles
              moved in a circle. Okay, here is the catch. While the gyre moves in
              a circle, it is more of a spiraling path. What we are really
              discussing is a bulge of about 4 feet mid ocean, off center west,
              with the current on the surface moving "downhill". Coriolis right
              turns this and you get a circular deal. BUT, essentially, half of
              the gyre is moving the downhill direction from the center. Hence,
              there is indeed a current moving generally SW, in reality we are
              talking about a quadrant of surface currents moving SE, with coriolis
              right turning that current. Get it? That is why the most cirrus
              reduction, in terms of current direction, is in the NW quadrant of
              the gyres, while the most enhancment is in the SE quadrant. That
              said, these respective quadrants are warmer to the NW and colder to
              the SE because of their paths from and to the equatorial waters . . .

              ===========

              You said "when currents and winds are sustained they induct a field
              that sustains cirrus, feedsback IR levels that in turn warm oceans
              and increases precip.

              This requires, per Fleming's rule, that the currents and winds are in
              the east to west direction for electrical enhancement, where a vector
              of electrons rises upward out of the ocean."...

              The normal (non El Nino)flow of currents and wind in the tropics for
              the most part is from East towards the West. Are you talking about
              the normal conditions here? or did you mean West towards the East?

              ++++

              This is more complex so that you have to break it down so you can see
              what we are talking about electrically. The gyres move currents per
              Coriolis in this right turning manner from the gyre's top center,
              which is off centered west. I suspect that this movement is
              conceptually from the fact that the tropics are warmest, and, hence,
              as the air expands it spreads from the tropics with a Coriolis
              twist. That gives you the gyres. But the equatorial is a
              countercurrent to the gyres tropical edges. Now, the coriolis
              movement also generally will move the warmest WATERS west. That is
              why the West Pacific is warmer than the East Pacific. BUT, the
              counter current moves still warmer WATERS . . . EAST.

              NOW, enter winds. The SOI. This is the kicker because it shows how
              it is electrical and not about SSTs and thermodynamics. If the winds
              are moving from west to east, or the SOI is positive, the counter
              current will be enhanced. That counter intuitively means SSTs in the
              EAST cool! Why? Because the counter current, with these warm,
              electrically conductive currents, with the winds moving west to east
              is going to be even stronger and this means induction AGAINST cirrus,
              and electrically, cirrus are reduced in there to the east. OTOH, if
              the SOI is negitive, or blowing east to west, the counter current is
              going to be reduced AND, please read carefully and slowly, the
              gyres, which are not just about the part that coriolis turned east to
              west along the North and South Equatorial, but about the movement SE
              from the North gyre and NE from South gyre, that coriolis turns.
              That means that an expanding pressure from the Eastern Pacific will
              blow AGAINST cirrus REDUCTION. It will heat up the El Nino waters--
              electrically, especially if sustained enough to alter the gyres
              surface movements.

              But what CAUSES the SOI? Enter the sun. Ion particles sorted by
              SSTs and winds derived therefrom--that move the IR balances and the
              balances of air pressures. That is why flaring patterns can be
              predictive of the SOI and hence ENSO itself.