Strike data

    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2002
      http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag87.html

      See how the low has moved over east of Georgia and how the strikes
      are mid level? This clues you to a storm very close to being
      tropical! Positive charges surround the negitive charges and that
      enhances cirrus. Open water means fair weather voltage of about 250
      volts per meter and that means electrical currents in the warm
      tropical water of the Gulf Stream will be flowing from strike region
      to those fair weather areas. You get some coriolis driven right
      turned winds going from east to west on the top of the storm and
      there you go. The ciruclation I understand is quit week at this
      point but this could mean the carolina get some rain as that front
      moves into it.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 27, 2002
        The ciruclation I understand is quit week at this
        > point but this could mean the carolina get some rain as that front
        > moves into it.

        Our local forecast here mentions the low pressure area you mentioned,
        as well as the approaching front. There's a 50/50 chance of some rain
        Wednesday. I hope we get it. We can still use every drop of rain we
        can get.

        Here's a special marine weather statement has been issued for the
        Carolinas coast by the NWS is Wilmington, NC.

        ..MARINE WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON NC 530
        PM EDT MON MAY 27 2002

        ...INCREASED RIP CURRENT THREAT TUESDAY FOR THE EAST FACING BEACHES...

        EAST WINDS AROUND 20 MPH AND SWELLS OF 2 TO 3 FEET WILL COMBINE WITH
        ASTRONOMICAL HIGH TIDES ON TUESDAY. THIS WILL INCREASE THE THREAT OF
        RIP CURRENTS ALONG THE EAST FACING BEACHES OF PENDER...NEW
        HANOVER...HORRY.. AND GEORGETOWN COUNTIES. THE EFFECTS FROM RIP
        CURRENTS ARE MOST COMMONLY SEEN A FEW HOURS EITHER SIDE OF LOW
        TIDE...WHICH WILL BE AROUND 330 PM TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

        RIP CURRENTS ARE STRONG NARROW CHANNELS OF WATER THAT FLOW AWAY FROM
        THE BEACH. IF YOU BECOME CAUGHT IN A RIP CURRENT...REMEMBER TO REMAIN
        CALM. TRY TO SWIM ON A COURSE THAT IS PARALLEL TO THE BEACH. ONCE YOU
        GET AWAY FROM THE RIP...THEN BEGIN TO SWIM BACK TO SHORE. DO NOT
        ATTEMPT TO SWIM DIRECTLY AGAINST THE RIP...SINCE IT CAN EXHAUST OR
        EVEN KILL THE STRONGEST SWIMMER.

        BEFORE ENTERING THE WATER...HEED THE ADVICE OF LIFEGUARDS...OR LOOK
        FOR FLAGS OR SIGNS THAT MAY BE POSTED TO INFORM YOU ABOUT SURF
        CONDITIONS. DURING AN INCREASED RIP CURRENT THREAT...ALL PEOPLE WHO
        ENTER THE SURF SHOULD BE VERY CAUTIOUS. CONDITIONS MAY BE ESPECIALLY
        HAZARDOUS FOR INEXPERIENCED SWIMMERS...CHILDREN... AND THE ELDERLY.
      • fredwx
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28, 2002
          This mornings visual shows a low level center ESE of Jacksonville FL
          near 29n 76w with the only significant convective activity to the NE
          of the center.

          --- In methanehydrateclub@y..., "b1blancer_29501" <b1blancer1@e...>

          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2002
            The Hurricane Center sees the light?